The Student Room Group

Dietetics

Hi does dietetics come up offer in clearing? I think my sister is too late to apply through the normal route she has ccc in biology, chemistry and psychology. Not sure if she’s get into a course with these grades so thought I’d ask on here. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Hi, every dietetics course is very highly competitive and requires an interview before you get offered a place, so it does not come up in clearing, as if spaces did come available those on the waiting list after having an interview would then be offered places instead. With her current grades aswell it would be unlikely through the traditional route she would be offered a place with her grades being CCC.

Your sister has two options: 1) Resit her A-levels and apply through traditional means to do Dietetics next year

or option no.2 which is what I recommend

2) Your sisters best bet is to go through clearing/apply now if she has time to an undergraduate course in Nutrition and then apply to become a Dietitian in her final year of university. Universities such as Leeds Beckett, London Metropolitan and many other unis would probably have spaces for her to undergo this degree, either through clearing or through traditional means.

Nutrition 3 years UG and 2 year MSc post grad in Dietetics, and you can become a dietitian by the end of it. This would only be one year longer than resitting your A-levels and you get a Master's Degree out of it.

Any other questions let me know.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Silverdollars
Hi does dietetics come up offer in clearing? I think my sister is too late to apply through the normal route she has ccc in biology, chemistry and psychology. Not sure if she’s get into a course with these grades so thought I’d ask on here. Any advice greatly appreciated.

It's possible that Dietetics courses may be available in Clearing, but it would depend on the specific universities and courses she is interested in. Clearing is a process that allows students who have not secured a place through the regular UCAS application process to find and apply for available courses. However, available courses and places can vary depending on the universities and courses, so it's important to check directly with the universities to see if they have any vacancies in their Dietetics courses.

It's also worth noting that Dietetics is a highly competitive course, and most universities require high grades in relevant subjects such as Biology and Chemistry. However, some universities may consider students with lower grades, especially if they have relevant work experience or other qualifications that demonstrate their interest and suitability for the course.

I would recommend that your sister start researching universities and courses that offer Dietetics and get in touch with them directly to ask about their Clearing vacancies and admission requirements. She could also consider alternative routes such as foundation courses or Access to Higher Education courses that may help her meet the entry requirements for Dietetics courses.

Overall, it's important to stay positive and explore all options available. Your sister can also contact UCAS or a career advisor for more guidance and support in finding the right course for her.
Original post by KingzyWingzy
Hi, every dietetics course is very highly competitive and requires an interview before you get offered a place, so it does not come up in clearing, as if spaces did come available those on the waiting list after having an interview would then be offered places instead. With her current grades aswell it would be unlikely through the traditional route she would be offered a place with her grades being CCC.

Your sister has two options: 1) Resit her A-levels and apply through traditional means to do Dietetics next year

or option no.2 which is what I recommend

2) Your sisters best bet is to go through clearing/apply now if she has time to an undergraduate course in Nutrition and then apply to become a Dietitian in her final year of university. Universities such as Leeds Beckett, London Metropolitan and many other unis would probably have spaces for her to undergo this degree, either through clearing or through traditional means.

Nutrition 3 years UG and 2 year MSc post grad in Dietetics, and you can become a dietitian by the end of it. This would only be one year longer than resitting your A-levels and you get a Master's Degree out of it.

Any other questions let me know.

That’s so helpful thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Silverdollars
That’s so helpful thank you!

hey, i know that surrey offer foundation course for CCC, if its a contextual, its CCD as this is what I got. I firmed for the normal dietetics and nutritioon course this year.
I am just not sure if it comes up in clearing as there is a need for interveiws too but if she didn't want to resit, this is an option xx
Original post by JHCT
hey, i know that surrey offer foundation course for CCC, if its a contextual, its CCD as this is what I got. I firmed for the normal dietetics and nutritioon course this year.
I am just not sure if it comes up in clearing as there is a need for interveiws too but if she didn't want to resit, this is an option xx

Oh wow that sounds a great option! Thank you so much!! X
Dietetics does come up in Clearing! I went back and forth about studying Nutrition or Dietetics, firmed a place for Nutrition, realised that I didn't want to do that course anymore and applied for Dietetics in Clearing. I had an interview a few days later and got offered a place during my interview. I am now studying Dietetics and will be going into second year this September. Your sister may be offered a place depending on the university. I know some unis are more lenient with their entry requirements during Clearing. Good luck to her!
Reply 7
How was your course in your first year? I’m about to start in Nov :smile:

Original post by Quierosaber
Dietetics does come up in Clearing! I went back and forth about studying Nutrition or Dietetics, firmed a place for Nutrition, realised that I didn't want to do that course anymore and applied for Dietetics in Clearing. I had an interview a few days later and got offered a place during my interview. I am now studying Dietetics and will be going into second year this September. Your sister may be offered a place depending on the university. I know some unis are more lenient with their entry requirements during Clearing. Good luck to her!
Original post by Chezer1483
How was your course in your first year? I’m about to start in Nov :smile:

It was pretty intense but very interesting! Glad I decided to go for Dietetics instead of Nutrition. Congratulations and good luck with it all. How are you feeling about starting?
Original post by Quierosaber
It was pretty intense but very interesting! Glad I decided to go for Dietetics instead of Nutrition. Congratulations and good luck with it all. How are you feeling about starting?

Hi, just wondering if you can remember what unis came up in clearing for dietetics?? I got rejected after my leeds beckett dietetics interview but they offered me an alternative nutrition course which I am not interested in and I was really hoping to attend in 2024 so was maybe looking to reapply through clearing this summer :frown:
Original post by rizlmynizzle
Hi, just wondering if you can remember what unis came up in clearing for dietetics?? I got rejected after my leeds beckett dietetics interview but they offered me an alternative nutrition course which I am not interested in and I was really hoping to attend in 2024 so was maybe looking to reapply through clearing this summer :frown:

My Uni came up, which practically never comes up but did last year. University of Nottingham.

Quick Reply

Latest