The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Robby2312
X

Bro, all I've learnt is for my GCSE from the AQA specification. I know that there is far more evidence for Evolution than God but in RS they tell us that the Bible counts as proof towards God (I know it isn't cause it's written by other humans) but I'm just stating what I know on the subject matter.
Reply 381
Original post by Trevish
You don't want to believe, just don't

I did see once with my own eyes.
Don't force your belief on others!

You see with your own eyes? Show me what you see with clear statistical data.

And about me "forcing my beliefs", I think you need to get off a forum related to religion if you don't want to get your views challenged.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoebemallow
Bro, all I've learnt is for my GCSE from the AQA specification. I know that there is far more evidence for Evolution than God but in RS they tell us that the Bible counts as proof towards God (I know it isn't cause it's written by other humans) but I'm just stating what I know on the subject matter.

Oh right ok.It was just the way you phrased it. You have to remember that the "Theory of evolution" in science means a different thing to the word theory in everyday language.A theory in science is pretty much a fact it's the best possible explanation and it has to be backed up by lots of evidence. You can't just say I have a theory.Like the germ theory of disease.Thats a theory but we're not still waiting around for confirmation on the existence of germs.We know they exist and cause disease. Otherwise all our medicine would be worthless. And if someone teaches R.e they are likely to be biased unconsciously. I think they would have to be.
Original post by ZacLaw
You see with your own eyes? Show me what you see with clear statistical data.

And about me "forcing my beliefs", I think you need to get off a forum related to religion if you don't want to get your views challenged.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you on minimum wage or unemployed?
Reply 384
Original post by Darksideous
Are you on minimum wage or unemployed?

Student, unemployed. This still has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
Student, unemployed. This still has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics? Law?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 386
Politics? Law?

You're still failing to provide any relevancy to how this is to prove religion exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
You're still failing to provide any relevancy to how this is to prove religion exists.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was never asking about religion, I was just asking about you.
I don't care if it's relevant or not.
Reply 388
I was never asking about religion, I was just asking about you.
I don't care if it's relevant or not.

So you've decided in the middle of a thread about religion on a subforum dedicated to religion to begin your attempt to find every aspect of my life?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
So you've decided in the middle of a thread about religion on a subforum dedicated to religion to begin your attempt to find every aspect of my life?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, got a problem with that?
Reply 390
Yes, got a problem with that?

Seems incredibly irrelevant to the actual topic at hand...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that there is far more evidence for Evolution than God

Evolution is a fact.
in RS they tell us that the Bible counts as proof towards God (I know it isn't cause it's written by other humans)

You should complain to your school. That is indoctrination, not teaching.
Original post by Robby2312
Oh right ok.It was just the way you phrased it. You have to remember that the "Theory of evolution" in science means a different thing to the word theory in everyday language.A theory in science is pretty much a fact it's the best possible explanation and it has to be backed up by lots of evidence. You can't just say I have a theory.Like the germ theory of disease.Thats a theory but we're not still waiting around for confirmation on the existence of germs.We know they exist and cause disease. Otherwise all our medicine would be worthless. And if someone teaches R.e they are likely to be biased unconsciously. I think they would have to be.

I would hesitate to call evolution a fact because it is not proven analytically. Regardless of whether it acts as the best explanation of empirical data, we typically think of facts to be infallible. Secondly, if you don't have evidence of confirmation of the existence of worms, in what way are you justified in saying they exist? The position that you might be alluding to is that our evidence seems to justify an assumption that they exist. Further, this assumption seems to lead to practical results. Thus regardless of whether the theory is actually true, it seems to be lead to helpful applications.

Note that even if something can not be proven does not mean that it is unhelpful. If a piece of medicine seems to provide practical benefits without us being able to provide an explanation, this does not in itself remove the practical benefits. We just need to be considerably more careful.

Finally, it is somewhat ironic that you seem to think that RE teachers must be biased unconsciously when you seem to exhibit such a level of scientific positivism in how you write.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RogerOxon
Evolution is a fact.

Most scientists accept it as both a fact and a theory. But it depends on your personal opinion and I personally accept it as both :smile:

Original post by RogerOxon
You should complain to your school. That is indoctrination, not teaching.

Well, it's part of the AQA specification and we are not forced to believe it uncritically, in fact we have to criticise it at times because we do the Philosophy Of Religion and Ethics of Christianity parts of the specifications :smile:
Fk off dude... Lmao
Im not saying I saw god
I saw something somewhat superficial
You need to fk off from TSR

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZacLaw
Signs of miracles? Show me statistics and evidence to support the magic that caused a miracle and proving it wasn't caused due to random chances sometimes being correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/14131

Probably a better known and more recent study.

However, studies like these dont *prove* that it wasn't due to random chance in that scientific studies are inherently probabilistic and especially medical science.

Questions like how unlikely something has to be before we can rule out a natural cause has to be somewhat clear before you look at specific data.

http://www.premierchristianity.com/Blog/Derren-Brown-wants-to-see-objective-evidence-for-miracles-Challenge-accepted

This briefly touches on the topic of how crucial these questions are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally if a defined God exists ie a Christian God, Allah and whatnot I would not be inclined to worship or dedicate any of my time to it. How can a God be worshipped that allows millions of children to die across the world but still not cope for their needs with their "all power" and please try to convince me that Jesus saved our sins and some ladeeda like that. However I do acknowledge that there has to be some sort of thing that created the conditions and elements needed for the the big bang to occur or maybe not.

I suggest that humans are too unintelligent to come to a understanding of how in fact the known universe was created. Its quite sad that we will never come to understand this because I think that we could never contemplate the true answer as simple or as complex as it could be.

CMBR is technically evidence for the big bang theory, can anyone present evidence for any form of God other than the conditions for the big bang???
Original post by Darusmaka
Personally if a defined God exists ie a Christian God, Allah and whatnot I would not be inclined to worship or dedicate any of my time to it. How can a God be worshipped that allows millions of children to die across the world but still not cope for their needs with their "all power" and please try to convince me that Jesus saved our sins and some ladeeda like that. However I do acknowledge that there has to be some sort of thing that created the conditions and elements needed for the the big bang to occur or maybe not.

I suggest that humans are too unintelligent to come to a understanding of how in fact the known universe was created. Its quite sad that we will never come to understand this because I think that we could never contemplate the true answer as simple or as complex as it could be.

CMBR is technically evidence for the big bang theory, can anyone present evidence for any form of God other than the conditions for the big bang???

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/the-fine-tuning-of-natures-laws

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly, I have failed to find any direct evidence could you quote me some that is a proven theory like CMBR.
Original post by Carthaginian
There's evidence for evolution, but there's no evidence for God.

I don't understand why atheists are so determined to prove that God doesn't exist. Without getting into an argument about it there is evidence of God's existence. The problem however the evidence is put down to chance or something unexplainable. The evolutionary theory whilst being backed by a lot of evidence also has many weaknesses e.g. the cause of mutations leading to evolution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending