The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hurricaneellin
Has anyone heard anything from Lancaster?! Just waiting for them and my application was sent off 3 weeks ago :frown:

My daughter's friend only submitted their application (Law I think) last Friday and got an unconditional offer from them yesterday! My daughter applied a couple of days earlier and hasn't heard anything so she's pretty worried now!
Original post by OturuDansay
He went to Cambridge. You're allowed to know why you didn't receive an offer. In the post-application feedback - they told him that was the reason.

@PQ @jneill hey look at this
Reply 1982
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Yep I've had 2, from York and Liverpool

Congratulations thats really good. I'm still waiting fro most my decisions but just received a rejection which was disappointing.
Original post by SB32
Congratulations thats really good. I'm still waiting fro most my decisions but just received a rejection which was disappointing.

Rejection already :frown: is it your first choice?
Reply 1984
Original post by wolfmoon88
Rejection already :frown: is it your first choice?

No it wasn't my first choice but I'm super worried about getting more rejections :frown:
Original post by SB32
No it wasn't my first choice but I'm super worried about getting more rejections :frown:

Hope the rest of your apps go to plan :frown: :smile:
I sent my application off yesterday and Winchester just got back to me with an offer a few minutes ago. :smile:

Is it normal for it not to show up in track for a while?

Also congratulations to everyone who has received offers. :smile:
Reply 1987
Hope the rest of your apps go to plan :frown: :smile:

Thank you so much. How is your application going?
I've also received an offer from Glasgow (it's not in the list)
Original post by SB32
Thank you so much. How is your application going?

No offers yet :P, sent it out last Thursday... still waiting lmao, expect it to take a while tho
Reply 1990
Applied on Sept 29:
Bristol- offered AAB for biology on Oct 4
Edinburgh - offered AAA for biology on Oct 11
Nottingham - Natsci - waiting
Saint Andrews - biology - waiting
Cambridge - Natsci - waiting

Will update as i get more responses :smile:
Reply 1991
No offers yet :P, sent it out last Thursday... still waiting lmao, expect it to take a while tho

ah okay well good luck with it all. :smile:
Just received an offer from Warwick, Physics MSci. :u:

It hasn't updated on track, and they stated that I should have got a prior email stating that I had the offer but I didn't receive one? Should I be concerned?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SB32
ah okay well good luck with it all. :smile:

You too :smile:
Original post by OturuDansay
He went to Cambridge. You're allowed to know why you didn't receive an offer. In the post-application feedback - they told him that was the reason.

That's very unusual (but given some of the things I hear about Durham I wouldn't be surprised about pockets of extremely bad practice)

What course was he applying for at Cambridge v Durham?

For the record - officially they state that this isn't considered:
https://www.dur.ac.uk/undergraduate/study/apply/faqs/?faqno=955
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PQ
That's very unusual (but given some of the things I hear about Durham I wouldn't be surprised about pockets of extremely bad practice)

What are the things you've heard about Durham?
Original post by dfbenjamin
Just got an offer to interview at Imperial!

They say to reply via email, and gave 3 options to send back at them. Do you think they literally just want me to copy-paste one of those options or should I include it as part of a paragraph or something. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I just don't want to come across as rude!

Looks like we're applying to the same places? Are you applying to Computer Science at Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Durham and Bristol?
I've also received an interview at Imperial. When's yours? :smile:
Original post by BasicMistake
What are the things you've heard about Durham?

Their admissions process is extremely devolved and convoluted - which leads to them
a) trying to cross sell applicants onto less popular courses
b) messing applicants around if they miss their offer slightly
c) messing applicants around if they apply via clearing/adjustment
d) apparently having their official feedback contain something that is contrary to their official admissions policy.
Original post by dfbenjamin
Just got an offer to interview at Imperial!

They say to reply via email, and gave 3 options to send back at them. Do you think they literally just want me to copy-paste one of those options or should I include it as part of a paragraph or something. Maybe I'm overthinking it but I just don't want to come across as rude!

Congrats,
If you dont mind me asking
What subject did u apply for?

Btw goodluck with ur interview
Offer number 2 through today!!! ABB- Warwick for Biomedical Sciences :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending