The Student Room Group

Are these course okay for Animation course for Uni?

I've just started sixth form/college and im currently doing BTEC Graphics Design, Psychology and Statistics.
Im really interested in getting into an Animation course in uni and was hoping if these courses okay.
Or should i do BTEC Art and Design Diploma but i have to drop out Psychology for it. What should I do?
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you checked entry requirements? They're usually on uni websites.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Have you checked entry requirements? They're usually on uni websites.

I have, they all wanted Art and design whether its a level or BTEC
But im not sure if I should do it
Reply 3
Here at the NCCA, Bournemouth University we would want to see a good art, design or media rich portfolio for the BA CAA course If you are more technical, then the CVA course may be better. Best thing to do is come and visit the University and speak the staff, students and admin team.

Cheers

Saf
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello @maerie - Animation is a great choice!

If it helps, not everyone just looks at Art and Design courese. For example, at Norwich University of the Arts (NUA), we're looking for any creative subject so we would consider your BTEC Graphic Design. The most important thing we're looking for in a candidate is someone like us, regarding your potential and attitude. The biggest thing we consider is your portfolio as it shows off your skills, ideas and creative development. Ideally, we'd love to meet you so if you apply by the January deadline, we guarantee you an interview. This gives us a chance to meet you and speak with you about your projects, passions and aspirations.

If you want more information, we have further course information, including course specific portfolio guidance, on our website.
Good luck!
Lou

Quick Reply

Latest