The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hellsbells
I'm impressed that 750ml of vodka didn't make you ill! :tongue:

I was relieved that it didn't, guess there's a lot of me to soak it up, I went out the night after that as well, I wouldn't say I'm an alcoholic but I have to spend a lot to get to the happy place.
Knight-Errant
Welcome to my world. I don't talk to anyone I don't know without being drunk and don't exactly go out of my way to make conversation with my mates. C'est la vie.

lol,

sounds familliar (sp)

lol
jumpunderaboat
Anyway it's Friday lets all get drunk :biggrin:

Here Here
Reply 63
Am I the only one that thinks alcohol is made out to be better than it actually is. I have only been drunk once and then I felt pressured into it. The experiance wasnt very pleasant and I hated the feeling of being out of control.

I always feel pressured to drink around my friends and when I say no I feel that my friends think I'm wierd. I dont see the point in drinking alcohol as it causes so many problems for little or no pleasure. This may have something to do with my childhood with the fequent fights between my parents because of the affects of alcohol.

However, I must admit I like the jolly feeling when I talk to people and feel relaxed but at that stage it is easy to go further and become drunk :frown:

I have never told anyone this before, but does anyone else feel the same way?
Womble548
Am I the only one that thinks alcohol is made out to be better than it actually is. I have only been drunk once and then I felt pressured into it. The experiance wasnt very pleasant and I hated the feeling of being out of control.

I always feel pressured to drink around my friends and when I say no I feel that my friends think I'm wierd. I dont see the point in drinking alcohol as it causes so many problems for little or no pleasure. This may have something to do with my childhood with the fequent fights between my parents because of the affects of alcohol.

However, I must admit I like the jolly feeling when I talk to people and feel relaxed but at that stage it is easy to go further and become drunk :frown:

Whats wrong with being drunk? I personally dont feel out of control when Im drunk, unless I get absolutely off my face(rare)..and thats when having mates that can carry you to the safety of someones house is handy :biggrin:

Maybe you just had a bad experience? Try it some more and Im sure youll like it, what problems does it cause anyway? And it is extremellllllly pleasurable.. :tongue:
Reply 65
Not so much out of control, but because I forget what i have done the next day I feel like I was not fully aware of myself.

Having only really seen the bad sides it have put me of the stuff and I dont particularly want to try it incase histiry repeats on to me :frown:
Womble548
Not so much out of control, but because I forget what i have done the next day I feel like I was not fully aware of myself.

Having only really seen the bad sides it have put me of the stuff and I dont particularly want to try it incase histiry repeats on to me :frown:

You have to remember, not everyone fights/gets violent/has a nasty personality change when drunk, its pretty rare to be honest.

Personally, I never forget things, and never get hangovers, and am never sick. Im clearly a god. When you get home after getting pissed, the best thing to do is get a litre of water and just down it, pretty much prevents any chance of a hangover, although your stomach does feel like a swimming pool for a while :tongue:
Reply 67
thenarbisbanned
You have to remember, not everyone fights/gets violent/has a nasty personality change when drunk, its pretty rare to be honest.

Personally, I never forget things, and never get hangovers, and am never sick. Im clearly a god. When you get home after getting pissed, the best thing to do is get a litre of water and just down it, pretty much prevents any chance of a hangover, although your stomach does feel like a swimming pool for a while :tongue:

Yes, youre a god
Reply 68
thenarbisbanned
Ive been thinking, and Ive come to realise that in the past 2 years, pretty much every social situation Ive been in has involved alcohol. Im starting to wonder if I can actually speak to people without the stuff..

Anyone else showing early signs of alcoholism? :tongue:

alcohol is baaaad for you!..........that's why i don't drink! :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 69
Nothing wrong with drinking, nothing wrong with being off your face, nothing wrong with drinking till you throw up, its all just good fun. Bit annoying when you cant remember everything you did though. I never drink when on my own however, its pointless.
Anyway, "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse." (can't remember who said that)
Reply 70
Womble548

I know what you mean. I rarely drink and haven't been properly drunk cos really, I don't see the point. It seems a bit silly to me to end up drinking so much that you get sick, forget stuff, end up with a hangover the next day, etc.
imasillynarb
Yes, youre a god

Haha, welcome back! :biggrin:
I drink JC out of the bottle when I can't sleep. I think that's a pretty good sign of alcoholism! And the drunkest I've ever been was at a work Christmas party. I tried to pull my boss with his scary wife present. Apparently. :cool:
Or possibly even JD.

Latest

Trending

Trending