The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Unregistered
Anyone ever taken a formal, supervised iq test? If so what did you score?

If anyone has the time, take the one at the link below and post how you get on (takes about 15 min). I just scored 135 which is says is better than 99% of people who have taken the test.

http://www.intelligencetest.com

im 13 and i scored 103/200 average
Reply 2
randomly clicked buttons. got 110 :smile:

bloodhound
Reply 3
Thanks Reg, I was all ready to take the test and everything, until it required my email address. :mad:
Reply 4
Well i got 123 which is in the 95th percentile. im 17 and im acclaimed absolutely brilliant in my school. so i gess its a good IQ test
Reply 5
i took the iq test on the tv...like that world wide 2 hour show...i ended up getting 129....i beat my mom which i enjoyed more than my score..but most of these internet ones are bogus..i got 159 on one and i took a different one and got a 107..so u should try like a real test to find out exactly

CR
114!

love Katy ***
i not sure about this site, but i did a test from emode.com and i got a 124....

i am 16.........but it says that test scores vary alot...all depends on practice and peace of mind...

these tests suck!!
Reply 8
132 according to this internet test

CR
Reply 9
116 ...............
Reply 10
I guess it will be 80 for me...
Reply 11
118 - but I did the test in 6 mins coz i got bored.
Reply 12
The thing about IQ tests none are similar in difficulty so a high level in some is easier to acheive than others, e.g. you need 148 on the 'Cattell B' test to get into mensa and only 132 on the other test they accept.

I took 4 online tests last night. lowest I got was 127 (which I got on 2 different tests) and the the highest was 145(which the site then proclaimed me 'gifted' and 'genius'). I think I might do one of the official, supervised mensa ones if I ever get chance.

Does anyone think it would look good on a uni application if you were a member of a society that only accpets the top 1% in the country?
Reply 13
I advise that you ignore the online ones as they don't give a good picture, also the BBC test was not entirely credible because it timed you per question and a proper IQ test is done with an overall time limit rather than a time / question. To do the mensa test you need to get a home test and do that at your house (that costs about £10) than if you get more than 148 on that you can book a supervised test, i've got mine next saturday, 2 hours and that also costs about £10. The other good way of measuring your IQ is a book by Eysneck called Test your own IQ. Hope this helps
Reply 14
Good luck on the supervised tests. I found the Culture Fair test much easier than the Cattell B test. If you are more of a literary/logical creature the Cattell B is for you, if your strength like mine is spatial awareness the Culture Fair test will be easier for you. Hope you pass. All the best, mensandan
Reply 15
135 on this test, 131 on emode, I am a 45 year old electricution victim
and have memory problems.
Reply 16
CR3
i took the iq test on the tv...like that world wide 2 hour show...i ended up getting 129....i beat my mom which i enjoyed more than my score..but most of these internet ones are bogus..i got 159 on one and i took a different one and got a 107..so u should try like a real test to find out exactly

CR

I did the TV, although I only got 101. Still the average for my age was 100. So I'm above average. Its not all about IQ, my girlfriend got eighty something...but shes doing a law degree now. Effort can go a long way!

The spread of people along the IQ continuum, from low to high, can be represented well by the bell curve (in statistical jargon, the "normal curve"). Most people cluster around the average (IQ 100). Few are either very bright or very dull: About 3% of Americans score above IQ 130 (often considered the threshold for "giftedness"), with about the same percentage below IQ 70 (IQ 70-75 often being considered the threshold of mental retardation).
Reply 17
bcr8iv
I did the TV, although I only got 101. Still the average for my age was 100. So I'm above average. Its not all about IQ, my girlfriend got eighty something...but shes doing a law degree now. Effort can go a long way!

That test was unreliable. MENSA denounced it as a waste of time.
Reply 18
Mr White
That test was unreliable. MENSA denounced it as a waste of time.

I was doing the test just now, and then it went on to the results page when I still had 10 questions to answer so they gave me 84!!! Is that because I ran out of time? That seriously is annoying as now it says "Sorry but you have already taken the test". It must record IP address of people who have taken the test. That sucks!
Reply 19
I scored a 142 on this test, and a 141 on that BBC test-- both of those scores are very near the ceilings for those particular tests.

Jess- I know that one of the most certified IQ tests, the Wechsler, does indeed time you for every question on certain sections of the test.

Latest

Trending

Trending