The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream- Summer Diversity Internship 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey guys! I'm applying too!

So wait, we don't have to do the E-Tray!?!?
Original post by ty798
I look completely white (blue eyes, pale skin etc.), but I am actually mixed-race (White & Asian). I feel uncomfortable having my ethnicity judged when applying for a programme like this. Do you think I will have a chance if I apply? I genuinely am mixed-race but I think they might believe I am sending in a fake application because of my appearance.

I do think it is ridiculous that such narrow ethnic categories are used for this programme... people's backgrounds are far more complex than the application form allows for.

It's also for white people from disadvantaged backgrounds :smile:
That or at least 50% asian assumin one parent is full.

If they aint gonna consider u bc ure not eligible ud waste ur time and money at the interview
HEY EVERYONE, did anyone prep for these tests (situational and behavioural tests) before hand? If so, how?? Any help would be nice :smile:
I'm still waiting for a response following the questions.
Applied also! Anyone do EDIP earlier this year?
Long wait lol
Reply 47
Has anyone heard back from them? completed my stj tests like 2 weeks ago
Reply 48
Original post by m187
Has anyone heard back from them? completed my stj tests like 2 weeks ago

Nothing. I expect we won't hear until January tbh.
How do I contact the guys for the EDIP? Haven't heard back, my answers were given a month back.
I don't wanna wait until after xmas!!!! Haha
hey guys how'd you find the questionnaires i hvae no idea i thought the practice ones were tricky these did not seem that bad and i doubt we'll find out till after the 26th
Reply 52
that's sexy. don't worry, you might not be WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant), but if you make a great Civil Servant they will surely hire you. I agree that the 'ethnic' categories normally used are narrow. you can specify what you are on the questionnaire
No response yet. I honestly don't know how I've done, I was as honest and 'impartial' as possible when it came to those answers but some of them were tricky. I didn't feel like myself when I was ticking them, so I feel like I've probably failed it. Last year, I heard if you don't get an instant reply you're 'amber banded' which means you're either ok but not good enough to get an instant reply which means they're waiting on others to do worse or better haha.
Original post by internshipseeker
No response yet. I honestly don't know how I've done, I was as honest and 'impartial' as possible when it came to those answers but some of them were tricky. I didn't feel like myself when I was ticking them, so I feel like I've probably failed it. Last year, I heard if you don't get an instant reply you're 'amber banded' which means you're either ok but not good enough to get an instant reply which means they're waiting on others to do worse or better haha.

Isn't that to do with the actual fast stream graduate recruitment process though? Do they Amber band the interns too? I honestly think they haven't even started going through the process of marking our answers yet as they are focusing on getting all the assessment centres for the fast stream sorted first
Original post by neal95
Isn't that to do with the actual fast stream graduate recruitment process though? Do they Amber band the interns too? I honestly think they haven't even started going through the process of marking our answers yet as they are focusing on getting all the assessment centres for the fast stream sorted first

I did a bit of research, I think it's actually to do with fast streamers now. We'll have to wait a while to find out what intern results are. Though, with the new fast pass system I wouldn't be suprised if they did do things like amber band interns.
Original post by internshipseeker

I think we should hear back in about 3 weeks, once the applications are closed. Hopefully we'll all get through to at last interviews! I had similar feelings when answering the questions too :smile:
Reply 57
How many more internships is everyone applying to?

I've never been good at online tests so I'm worried I'll need other options, and it seems like we won't get a reply until after the 31st which is when most places applications close too...
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
How many more internships is everyone applying to?

I've never been good at online tests so I'm worried I'll need other options, and it seems like we won't get a reply until after the 31st which is when most places applications close too...

I applied for a couple Banking HR ones but then got to the stage after the tests where I realized I had no idea why I wanted to work in these places so withdrew my application. I've been planning on applying for Civil Service for year so pretty different. So if this doesn't pull through I'll have to find something, somehow...
Reply 59
Original post by SophF_rth
I applied for a couple Banking HR ones but then got to the stage after the tests where I realized I had no idea why I wanted to work in these places so withdrew my application. I've been planning on applying for Civil Service for year so pretty different. So if this doesn't pull through I'll have to find something, somehow...

I had the exact same experience! Yeah, I'm trying to be optimistic until we find out...let's hope it works out for the both of us :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending