The Student Room Group

Tsp 2017

New thread for this year's application, Facebook page has been updated 'An announcement may be imminent' seems like they are carrying on the ambiguous theme that plagued last years tsp!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rchilton
New thread for this year's application, Facebook page has been updated 'An announcement may be imminent' seem's like they are carrying on the ambiguous theme that plagued last years tsp!*

Eagerly awaiting this recruitment launch. I applied last year and selected that I was a current CS in error. This meant that I did the CSIST last instead of first. I passed the other three tests and then failed the CSIST! Frustrating as I've previously done the HO level CSIST and achieved a percentile score of 93. Hopefully I'll have better luck this year.
Reply 2
Announcement on fb. Application open tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It has gone live today
Reply 4
Yeah it has just noticed it's now a 3 year programme rather than 4 year!
There has been quite a lot of changes to the learning in HMRC
Reply 6
Did the CSIST this morning and scored 27%, so unsuccessful. Unsure as to what's happened as it's the same CSIST for the TSP 2016 I did last year and I scored 88%! I also did a CSIST (pretty sure it's the same one one again) for a HMRC HO role just over six months ago and scored 79%. I'm a bit bemused!
Reply 7
Been waiting eagerly for this to come out as it's been my goal since I started uni 2 years ago can anyone give advice for the CSIST before I start?
Reply 8
Original post by Kneale
Did the CSIST this morning and scored 27%, so unsuccessful. Unsure as to what's happened as it's the same CSIST for the TSP 2016 I did last year and I scored 88%! I also did a CSIST (pretty sure it's the same one one again) for a HMRC HO role just over six months ago and scored 79%. I'm a bit bemused!

The has happened to me! I'm did one in December and got 97% but previously for TSP 2016 only scored 27%!
Original post by Sk80gse
The has happened to me! I'm did one in December and got 97% but previously for TSP 2016 only scored 27%!

Exact same thing happened to me last year, it really is bemusing isn't it. Surely there's got to be an issue. I haven't done this years one yet but last year I scored 27% and then did the sift again for a different role, exactly the same answers and scored over 70%. No idea.
Reply 10
Original post by gingerwizard
Exact same thing happened to me last year, it really is bemusing isn't it. Surely there's got to be an issue. I haven't done this years one yet but last year I scored 27% and then did the sift again for a different role, exactly the same answers and scored over 70%. No idea.

I'm not certain my answers were exactly the same but definitely not 70% difference. 27-97% definitely raises an issue.
Reply 11
Original post by Sk80gse
I'm not certain my answers were exactly the same but definitely not 70% difference. 27-97% definitely raises an issue.

Sorry it was 93% I scored. But even so.

The numerical and verbal
Tests have changed this year and are 'adaptive' I did this type of yest recently for another HMRC recruitment and passed but it was only for an ao grade job.
Reply 12
Original post by Kneale

That sucks! I'm a bit put off doing it now...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I completed the CSIST this morning and its under review the fb page told me that it means ive reached at least the minimum score and will find out if im through to next stage on the 14th of November 😀
Reply 14
Original post by Suzey1983
I completed the CSIST this morning and its under review the fb page told me that it means ive reached at least the minimum score and will find out if im through to next stage on the 14th of November 😀

You should be able to see you score under the 'feedback' tab.
Original post by Kneale
You should be able to see you score under the 'feedback' tab.

Ive looked and it just says under review
Reply 16

Strange, normally it gives you your score straight away.
Best of luck to everyone applying!
Reply 18

It does normally say straight away but it's not obvious at first it's about half way down the page in the middle of all the blurb. It will say 'you have scored better than ??% people who have previously taken this test, or words to that effect.
Original post by Sk80gse

It does normally say straight away but it's not obvious at first it's about half way down the page in the middle of all the blurb. It will say 'you have scored better than ??% people who have previously taken this test, or words to that effect.

Yes found it i scored better than 67% than other people whi have taken the test hoping thats enough to get to the next stage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending