The Student Room Group

What is a good reason for doing a level economics?

Im writing my personal statement and i cant think of what to write why i want to do economics and what interests me about economics any good ideas?
Is it really a good idea to apply for a course if you don't even know why you want to do it?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1502
Im writing my personal statement and i cant think of what to write why i want to do economics and what interests me about economics any good ideas?

are you interested in economics?
Pretty much a free A*
Original post by tammio
are you interested in economics?

Kind of, but i cant just write that. What does economics mean anyway or what is it?
Original post by Anonymous1502
Kind of, but i cant just write that. What does economics mean anyway or what is it?

Have a look at the specification for A level economics on an examiner web site. It will explain what is covered in the course and should give some hints as to why it's a relevant course of study and whether or not it truly interests you.

E.g. http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/economics-a/2015/specification-and-sample-assessment-materials/PearsonEdexcel-Alevel-EconomicsA-AccreditedSpec-August14.pdf

A Google search "why study economics" would link you to lots of articles/pages that should give you good ideas.

Be careful to write your statement in your own words, don't be tempted to cut and paste as it will be obvious you've simply plagiarised other sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending