The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will drive myself for my A-level results and meet my mates there. No parents allowed, lol. I took my parents for my GCSE results and that was just plain embarrassing.
Reply 2
Well I'm leaving them at home but I guess some people might bring theirs in with them. My dad can only get the afternoon off work anyway to come and visit the sixth form with me, and I don't really see the point in bringing my mum. I just want the time alone so I can walk back and sort things through my head before I start getting the inquisition :rolleyes:
Reply 3
My Mum came with me to get my GCSE and AS results and I asked her to wait in the car, which she was fine with.
For my A-Levels I went on my own, but she already knew I'd gotten into my uni by that point.
Reply 4
Let your parents do what they want. After all, they're the ones who have supported you and care most about you, so it would be a bit unfair to shun them at the end of it all! :smile:
Reply 5
.jen.
Let your parents do what they want. After all, they're the ones who have supported you and care most about you, so it would be a bit unfair to shun them at the end of it all! :smile:

But at the end of the day it (well it should have been) is yourself that puts in all the hard work, so you should be able to see the results first.
My dad drove me to school on GCSE results day and I just asked him to wait in the car for a few minutes. Only took about 10 minutes to get your results and say hi to everyone etc. :smile:
Reply 7
I am going on holidays with my friends on that day so hopefully after I get my results I will call them and tell them. Not only call home I have to call grandma and she has infinite expectations yeeks.
I have to call so many people, if I don’t 3 hours later my mobile will ring like world war three is breaking out them saying
'How dare you not call me and tell me? It’s because of me you...' no joke
lol
Reply 8
Do whatever you feel is best for you- there's no set "done thing" with regards to parents coming or not. If you bring your parents you almost certainly won't be the only one; similarly if you don't, then there will be plenty of people like you. For my sister's GCSE results day two years ago, our dad gave her a lift but she had planned to meet her friends at school after collecting them, so he went home and she texted our parents with what she got. I'm probably going to walk to school and maybe go out with my friends afterwards, and then I'll go home and tell my mum I think. I'm not sure whether I'm going to tell my dad, let alone actually bring him.. :p:
Reply 9
I'll get a lift to school, leave them in the car, get my results, sit there for an hour being too scared to open them, get 10 calls from my parents telling me to open them already, open them, tell them and either go out with friends if happy or go home if sad.
Reply 10
I think i will either get dropped off there, or bus it. And then i'll meet my friends and collect all of our results together. :smile: I'll text my parents my results, and then probably go to a party afterwards. :biggrin:
Reply 11
my mum will probably take me but she'll stay in the car while i go in and get my results
I think i'm gonna walk to school, takes about 30 minutes, to clear my mind and stuff lol. Then i'll meet my mates, open them and if im happy i'll ring home, if i've done bad i will text lmao.
Reply 13
are you allowed to bring your result slips home?

i won't bring my parents along, won't open the envelope at school either, won't hang around there at all.

get home as fast as you can and let your mum read out your grades. after all, they're the ones that inspired and kept you going; i don't think i can achieve anything without them :smile:
well i'll probably just open my results in school, i cant even thank my business studies teachers, as they have left lol

i will probably thank all teachers who are there (if i get good grades)

my mam works all week, so i'll just ring her with results!
Reply 15
My dad will be at work, my mum at home. :p:
im going to get dropped off and then phone my parents to tell them :s-smilie:
Reply 17
tie them up and lock them in a shed
tie them up and lock them in a shed

HaHa Great Idea!!
Reply 19
hi everyone, my mum hasn't yet asked me when results day is yet, if it stays like that then on the 23rd im going to walk out of the house in the morning pretending its a normal day, and if i get results i hoping for then i will jus slip it in at the dinner table 'oh yeah mum i forgot to say, i gt 5 A*'s and a few A's', lol. but if i dont get good grades then i wont tell her until she asks me.

Latest