The Student Room Group

Alevel Mock Results

I am very worried my parents will react very harshly to my mock results (CCD, the worst I have done ever) even when I have been consistently getting A*s , As and Bs all year . They have very high expectations and I am so afraid.

Does anyone have any advice that would make their reactions any nicer? Like gently laying it down to them that I didn't do as well? I have tried to take a braver approach but I just can't seem to do it. They are very complicated people.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Difficult situation. My approach would be to be direct with your parents. Tell them straightforward what your results were, but then tell them how you're committed to improving the grades. Maybe also discuss with them any potential reasons why your grades have dropped, maybe you've been stressed lately or something has been on your mind that has caused your grades so drop. That's what I would do in your situation but at the end of the day, I don't know you or your parents so I can't predict exactly how they'd react. I wish you the best of luck but remember, even though they might be strict they still love you and likely just want to see you successful and happy in the future. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest