The Student Room Group

Do alevels matter?

Got my alevel results, passed two failed one. Still going uni and I told my parents that I’ll resit the one that I failed after uni. Do people look at alevel results when hiring or will they focus on uni results?
Reply 1
Original post by Cloudster
Got my alevel results, passed two failed one. Still going uni and I told my parents that I’ll resit the one that I failed after uni. Do people look at alevel results when hiring or will they focus on uni results?

Congratulations! Employers generally focus more on uni results and previous experience. All the best!

Hi @Cloudster,

Congratulations on getting into university! As I am not an employer I am not sure what the recruitment process is like but I can say that experience in your area is so important. Which course are you studying and what do you hope to do in the future (you dont have to know yet so no pressure on that one!).

Experience in your area is very valuable especially when you have learned 'soft skills' that can apply to any job such as communication, organisation etc.

I hope this helps a bit. I study Psychology and hope to go into research one day. I am going into my final year this September so if you have a question about Psychology related work experience and how to find it, I would be more than happy to talk about that.

Enjoy the rest of your summer and don't forget to rest before you start your university journey! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

If you got into uni congrats! Most people will look at your uni results because that will be the highest qualification you've recently gained once graduated. I don't know if there's a lot of point resitting an A Level once you've finished uni, because you'll probably have to pay for it and private qualifications as far as I know can be quite expensive, plus finding an exam centre, etc. And the fact you'd of just graduated and would most likely want to pursue new jobs (and move out eventually).

Quick Reply

Latest