The Student Room Group

When to start revising AS content for new A level exams

I am not sure when and how to start? How shall I go over the AS content again, just read my notes and do past papers ?
Reply 1
Original post by Starmock99
I am not sure when and how to start? How shall I go over the AS content again, just read my notes and do past papers ?

You should have started in Year 9 tbh
Reply 2
Original post by bigwang
You should have started in Year 9 tbh

Year 9? I am in year 13 atm.....
Just go over the material as you would normally. Ask your teacher to give you practice questions as there are no past papers and only one/two specimin papers for newly reformed subjects. For example, in economics, our teacher makes us workbooks for revision now.
Reply 4
Original post by Starmock99
Year 9? I am in year 13 atm.....

It's a joke, hlo?
My friend is revising all the A2+AS topics hopefully before December so she can start paper papers and other techniques to test her knowledge.

I guess you can revise the AS alongside with the A2 like my friend as it builds up and helps improve knowledge on both. Or you can revise A2 Mon-Friday and AS in the weekends(you can stop revising for A2 content when you feel confident with the content). Hopefully, when you are confident with the contents, just do past papers after or potentially do past papers after every single topic.

Good luck! Hope everything goes well!
Reply 6
Chemistry: as you do the A2 topic, revise the corresponding AS topic.

I would advise completing the bulk of AS revision before mocks.
Original post by Defraction
My friend is revising all the A2+AS topics hopefully before December so she can start paper papers and other techniques to test her knowledge.

I guess you can revise the AS alongside with the A2 like my friend as it builds up and helps improve knowledge on both. Or you can revise A2 Mon-Friday and AS in the weekends(you can stop revising for A2 content when you feel confident with the content). Hopefully, when you are confident with the contents, just do past papers after or potentially do past papers after every single topic.

Good luck! Hope everything goes well!

Hey!
Thanks for sharing!
I was wondering how I should plan it out :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest