The Student Room Group

Same uni for fifth choice as medicine uni?

Hi all,

So everything is ready to be sent off, but I'm not sure what to use my fifth option on. I wouldn't use my fifth this year round if I got no medicine offers anyway, but rather would take a gap year and consider things. I still feel though that I should apply for a corse I'd be interested in at a uni I'm interested in.

Ideally I'd pick a course at Cardiff, which I'm also applying for medicine to, but I'm worried that applying for a different course to medicine at the same uni might reflect badly on my medical application and show I'm not entirely dedicated to medicine or something? Can they see which courses you apply for in different departments and do they care? Or am I just getting paranoid? :wink:

Thanks!
I think you'll be fine. Yes they can see the other course you applied to other than med, but since your ps is geared towards med I don't think they'll mind that much. They'll know it's your 5th choice and med is ypur chosen profession. So don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, it should be fine :smile: they'll understand if you apply for something like biomed or pharmacy, although if you're thinking about something completely unrelated like history they might start questioning your commitment.
Hey, has anyone got any offers from their Uni's?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending