The Student Room Group

Moving from A levels to BTEC

I have just started a new school for my A levels and I am finding that A levels aren't really for me, as I am bored a lot of the time in lessons and I'm not finding my work interesting. I have a number of friends who are at a college, I now feel I want to go to, and are doing BTEC courses instead. I know that now is possibly the worst time to try and change, especially as A levels and BTEC's are so different, but 6 out of my 13 GCSE subjects were coursework based and they are the ones I got better grades in, as I don't deal with exam stress all that well. If I had it my way completely, I would get an apprenticeship, but the university I want to go to doesn't yet have them as a possible entry requirement.
Basically, I would love some advice on what to do and whether I should just stick it out as it is only 2 years.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

What course do you want to do in the future?
What alevels are you doing now?
What btec do you want to move to?
Reply 3
I'm doing biology, business studies, English lit and psychology and I'm going to drop either English or biology.
I want to to a Level 3 extended diploma in horse management and I want to do an equine management course at uni. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest