The Student Room Group

Level 6 & 7 apprenticeships

I am well capable of A levels but wish to work so looking for a higher apprenticerhip opening combining uni with work experience ... the only problem is I have no idea what area of work I should try to secure ... my main love is football but realise this limited, I love working outdoors, can anyone please advise an area of work please.
Original post by christopherabner
I am well capable of A levels but wish to work so looking for a higher apprenticerhip opening combining uni with work experience ... the only problem is I have no idea what area of work I should try to secure ... my main love is football but realise this limited, I love working outdoors, can anyone please advise an area of work please.

You say you're looking for "a higher apprenticerhip opening combining uni with work experience", but the fact that you say, "I am well capable of A levels" suggests that you don't have any. Do you have any Level 3 qualifications (A levels, BTECs, NVQs, etc.)? These will often be expected. Or do you perhaps have an existing Level 4 or 5 (higher) apprenticeship?

I assume you've had a browse through Not Going to Uni, but given your desire to work outdoors, you may also be interested in:
Outdoor Apprenticeships (from the Institute for Outdoor Learning)
Outdoor Adventure Apprenticeship Schemes
Working Outdoors Apprenticeships
Thank you for your reply. I am in year 11 so just taking my GCSE's in 2024. I write because I do not wish to study A levels and understand BTEC's are stopping in 2025 I do not want to make the wrong move into a qualification which closes doors in the future in case I need UCAS points and I am looking for something to challenge my education learning whilst working.
It is difficult as I have no idea what career path to take.
Thank you for your support.
Original post by christopherabner
Thank you for your reply. I am in year 11 so just taking my GCSE's in 2024. I write because I do not wish to study A levels and understand BTEC's are stopping in 2025 I do not want to make the wrong move into a qualification which closes doors in the future in case I need UCAS points and I am looking for something to challenge my education learning whilst working.
It is difficult as I have no idea what career path to take.
Thank you for your support.

If you haven't even taken your GCSEs (which are level 1/2 qualifications), and are looking ahead to potential level 3 qualifications (A levels, BTECs, etc.) then the title of this thread ("Level 6 & 7 apprenticeships") seems a little misplaced. To put those levels into perspective, the third year of a standard undergraduate degree is level 6; a master's degree is level 7. Were you really asking about apprenticeships at those levels?

A range a vocational qualifications are being removed, not just BTECs, but also qualifications from City & Guilds, NCFE, and others. They are being removed (to be replaced by T levels) in three waves, which the final wave in 2026/27. So if you don't want to do A levels, but want to look to what you might do instead, take a look at T levels or level 3 apprenticeships.
Thank you for explaining and your support,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending