The Student Room Group

Islamic girls school tops government's new ranking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by biglad2k16
why can't British children of all backgrounds go to the same schools?

They can - these schools don't ban non-Muslims, they're just Islamic faith schools.
Original post by lulucoco98
Yes, like I said- all faith schools.

Simply too politically unpopular. The british education system is already at over capacity. You have children who often don't receive their 1st/2nd third. Britain needs a substantial private education system to meet the demand. One must be pragmatic. It is simply foolish to believe we faith schools cannot exist because we Live in a utopian 'secular atheist liberal rational scientific etc ' society

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Simply too politically unpopular. The british education system is already at over capacity. You have children who often don't receive their 1st/2nd third. Britain needs a substantial private education system to meet the demand. One must be pragmatic. It is simply foolish to believe we faith schools cannot exist because we Live in a utopian 'secular atheist liberal rational scientific etc ' society

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kk
When I hear the word faith and school in the same sentence I weep for humanity.
Original post by yudothis
When I hear the word faith and school in the same sentence I weep for humanity.

Agree. This is coming from someone who believes in God, I don't think faith schools should even exist. Or if they do, they don't get any government funding (so not too different from France's attitude to faith schools)
Original post by DariusVaselo
Lol so butthurt. So what if a religious school has a high ranking or not. Not all schools have to be atheist.

They should be.
Lol so butthurt. So what if a religious school has a high ranking or not. Not all schools have to be atheist.

They should be.
Original post by Shipreck
They should be.

So you think that everyone should conform to your view judt because you think its right. Just shows how intolerant some non-religious people can also be. I dobt see catholic people saying every school should be catholic.
So you think that everyone should conform to your view judt because you think its right. Just shows how intolerant some non-religious people can also be. I dobt see catholic people saying every school should be catholic.

Exactly, atheists can be intolerant too
Reply 49
Original post by HAnwar
Masha Allah.
May Allah increase them in knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So Allah keeps all the illiterates in the 3rd world ignorant then? (And a fair few in the 1st!)
That seems a bit mean.
Reply 50
Original post by mkap
dont know why everyone is hating on Islamic schools. My cousins went to one and all the extra they do is indoctrinate children into medieval superstition.
There. Fixed that for ya!
Some of you guys truly are pathetic

Kudos to the school and the pupils
Reply 52
I don't see why we need to segregate children like this in the first place- why can't British children of all backgrounds go to the same schools?
Because exposure to rational thinking and critical analysis can weaken faith. "Community leaders" know this. They are just following the old Jesuit adage of "give me the child and I will give you the man".
Reply 53
Original post by KINGYusuf
bs, I know hundreds of people who have been to Islamic schools.
I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate.

I don't think religious ideology should be taught to children at all, as they generally will believe everything their teachers tell them. It's a very easy way for people to be indoctrinated. If a religious institution wants to run a school, they should only be allowed too if they don't force their religious beliefs on the children.

What's more intolerant, not teaching any religious ideology or teaching only a single one (and adapting other parts of the syllabus to fit, for example teaching evolution as if it is only as credible as the bible stories)?
Original post by Shipreck
I don't think religious ideology should be taught to children at all, as they generally will believe everything their teachers tell them. It's a very easy way for people to be indoctrinated. If a religious institution wants to run a school, they should only be allowed too if they don't force their religious beliefs on the children.

What's more intolerant, not teaching any religious ideology or teaching only a single one (and adapting other parts of the syllabus to fit, for example teaching evolution as if it is only as credible as the bible stories)?

What so should no schools teach RS
What so should no schools teach RS

They should, but they shouldn't teach it as "this is the correct one, now let's look at the incorrect ones," as many religion affiliated schools do.
I don't see why we need to segregate children like this in the first place- why can't British children of all backgrounds go to the same schools?

Islamic school's aren't to do with cultures or ethnicities. It is simply to do with religion and the last time I checked this country was supposed to be welcoming of people with different religions. Therefore, you can be BRITISH and go to a faith school. Does not make you any less British; Only British with a different faith (not that absurd) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending