The Student Room Group

Tiffin sixth form 2023 a-levels for interview

Hi I’m applying to Tiffin (the co-ed) one for sixth form entry in 2023 and have been invited for an “interview” thing next week. I think this is to discuss subject choices. I’m wondering if anyone knows how likely it is that you’ll get in if you want to do popular subjects ie further maths and physics, and if we are meant to have decided what a-levels to do before this interview?

Scroll to see replies

I’m sorry you haven’t heard back yet and hope u do soon! My school don’t give us predicted grades so I don’t actually know…I usually do pretty well in tests and stuff though so I think they will be decent. I’ve been told that they don’t have much space for stem subjects though so I doubt I’ll get a place.
Original post by AGumbrellas
I’m sorry you haven’t heard back yet and hope u do soon! My school don’t give us predicted grades so I don’t actually know…I usually do pretty well in tests and stuff though so I think they will be decent. I’ve been told that they don’t have much space for stem subjects though so I doubt I’ll get a place.

I think the interview means that you got in.
(edited 1 year ago)
(Original post by User8810)Do you know anyone else who have received interviews or rejections?

No sorry - I don’t know anyone who applied tbh
Hi I’m applying to Tiffin (the co-ed) one for sixth form entry in 2023 and have been invited for an “interview” thing next week. I think this is to discuss subject choices. I’m wondering if anyone knows how likely it is that you’ll get in if you want to do popular subjects ie further maths and physics, and if we are meant to have decided what a-levels to do before this interview?

@AGumbrellas, if you don't mind me asking, are you male or female, and which subjects are you applying for?
Original post by fantagalaxy
Wow, you got it already? Congrats! I heard that getting an "interview" or "meeting" meant they have accepted you, as that meeting is just to firm your subject choice. They probably will allow you to do the subjects you want, as if not they would have accepted another person with other subjects that have spaces left.

Do you mind telling me your predicted grades? As I haven't heard anything back from Tiffin yet :frown:

heyy i got one as well :smile:. i chose maths biology and chemistry and my predicteds are 9-9 in science , 9 in english, 9 in maths, 8 in french, 9 in geography, 7 in art, 9 in business
i dont have many extracurriculars, but i live quite close so maybe that helped
also did u get one in the end??
Original post by hhdsgfhsdghf
heyy i got one as well :smile:. i chose maths biology and chemistry and my predicteds are 9-9 in science , 9 in english, 9 in maths, 8 in french, 9 in geography, 7 in art, 9 in business
i dont have many extracurriculars, but i live quite close so maybe that helped
also did u get one in the end??

Yesss I did - well they told me I got an offer at the interview-thing but they haven’t written w anything yet hopefully it all works out 😁
Yesss I did - well they told me I got an offer at the interview-thing but they haven’t written w anything yet hopefully it all works out 😁

hey !! I got an interview offer too !! when is your one?
(Original post by saltywax)hey !! I got an interview offer too !! when is your one?
That is so amazing,big well done !!!! When did you find out you got an interview ??
Original post by saltywax
hey !! I got an interview offer too !! when is your one?

I already did it a couple weeks ago - it was rly chill tbh but just prepare to talk abt the things u wrote on ur original application form - i completely forgot the things I wrote. Lmk how it goes!
I found out on Monday !! they're taking a while to get through sending them all out - I guess there were tons of applicants
Original post by Hummusgirl
(Original post by saltywax)hey !! I got an interview offer too !! when is your one?
That is so amazing,big well done !!!! When did you find out you got an interview ??

Just had my interview today (got invitation Friday two weeks ago) and I asked them a similar questions to this (regarding availability for studying economics) and basically they said that the only oversubscribed subject is economics as they are lacking teachers in that department whereas pretty much all other departments have enough teachers for lots of students, and so even choosing extremely popular subjects like maths or physics will most likely not be a problem.

Also, to anyone who hasn't done the interview/meeting yet, just a heads up that you will very likely get and offer they just want to have a small "chat" about subject choices and your app
Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by RandomUser12432
Just had my interview today (got invitation Friday two weeks ago) and I asked them a similar questions to this (regarding availability for studying economics) and basically they said that the only oversubscribed subject is economics as they are lacking teachers in that department whereas pretty much all other departments have enough teachers for lots of students, and so even choosing extremely popular subjects like maths or physics will most likely not be a problem.

Also, to anyone who hasn't done the interview/meeting yet, just a heads up that you will very likely get and offer they just want to have a small "chat" about subject choices and your app
Hope this helps :smile:

Hi, I just wanted to ask how you received the invitation to the interview as I still haven’t heard back from the school. Did it arrive on your personal email, or your parents, or did you receive a call.
Fingers crossed
Thank you
hi ik im not random user act but you get an email that will tell you if a. you get an "interview" (which is basically you getting an offer), b. you have been waitlisted (and they may contact you later to arrange a possible interview), or c. they are afraid that they cannot be with you in the next steps of your journey

so dw you'll definitely hear from them !!
Original post by LionelMessiiii
Hi, I just wanted to ask how you received the invitation to the interview as I still haven’t heard back from the school. Did it arrive on your personal email, or your parents, or did you receive a call.
Fingers crossed
Thank you
hi ik im not random user act but you get an email that will tell you if a. you get an "interview" (which is basically you getting an offer), b. you have been waitlisted (and they may contact you later to arrange a possible interview), or c. they are afraid that they cannot be with you in the next steps of your journey

so dw you'll definitely hear from them !!

If you are put on the waiting list or rejected, does the letter include information on how to appeal?
not sure, but im assuming so

you can also call them on results day (I think that's on their website) but im pretty sure that is included in the rejection email, its the phone number on their contact us page !!
Original post by cradleToBrave
If you are put on the waiting list or rejected, does the letter include information on how to appeal?
not sure, but im assuming so

you can also call them on results day (I think that's on their website) but im pretty sure that is included in the rejection email, its the phone number on their contact us page !!

Hope you’re well,
Did you receive it by email and if so was it ur personal one or your parents?
Thank you for ur help!
The letters go to the student email address used on the application, not to the parent address. They're from the sixth form admissions person and have a letter as an attachment. Remember to check spam.
I got it though my mums email because I sent in my application with my mums email, but if you gave them your school email then it will be sent to your school one !!
Original post by LionelMessiiii
Hope you’re well,
Did you receive it by email and if so was it ur personal one or your parents?
Thank you for ur help!
Congrats to you all for getting in . But im slightly annoyed bc ive been reading what you guys have written and in my mock exams i got six grade 9's , five 8's . On top of this I do an extra qualification and I'm pretty certain I got a good reccomendation. But ive been looking through and like poeple who do 8 gcses and have pretty much a grade average of 0.1 higher got in but i didnt . I dont mean any hate or anything like slay for all of you for getting in ofc but how is this really fair you know :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending