Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to take Financial Economics or Banking and International Finance at City, however I was unable to attend any of the open days. So has anyone been there and/or has knowledge of the courses. If so does it look good.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Hey, I studied at City University for 4 years.
    I don't know anything specific about those courses though but it's a great uni for finance related courses, Cass is one of the best for those kind of courses so definitely take a look at it. Some will give you the opportunity to take a placement as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Hey, I studied at City University for 4 years.
    I don't know anything specific about those courses though but it's a great uni for finance related courses, Cass is one of the best for those kind of courses so definitely take a look at it. Some will give you the opportunity to take a placement as well.
    Thanks for reply man, I like the details of the course but I haven't heard too many good things about student life. Is it really as bad as people say it is?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JPDC99)
    Thanks for reply man, I like the details of the course but I haven't heard too many good things about student life. Is it really as bad as people say it is?
    It used to be terrible, don't get me wrong. It has definitely improved over the last year though and I think things will be better in the coming years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It used to be terrible, don't get me wrong. It has definitely improved over the last year though and I think things will be better in the coming years.
    Nice, is there a good student's union there?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by JPDC99)
    Nice, is there a good student's union there?
    Yeah, it's okay I guess. They weren't too supportive of me when I complained about something 3 years ago but that was then, it's pretty decent for events (when they do it lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yeah, it's okay I guess. They weren't too supportive of me when I complained about something 3 years ago but that was then, it's pretty decent for events (when they do it lol).
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. City, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.