Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking to study accounting or finance and investment management. Will I be at a disadvantage because I'm studying two applied subjects and will it lessen my chances of getting accepted? and between the two courses is there much difference?

ReputationRep:
    Well accounting is not the same as finance although there is an element of accounting required in finance. I don't see why it should reduce
    your chances, in fact it may have the opposite effect since your scope of study would probably be wider than if you had just studied one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzaahmad786)
    Well accounting is not the same as finance although there is an element of accounting required in finance. I don't see why it should reduce
    your chances, in fact it may have the opposite effect since your scope of study would probably be wider than if you had just studied one.
    Thanks for the reply.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.