The Student Room Group
Erm, basically the article about teenage smoking had two sides and a lot of people didn't realise that there were two sides to the article, and so only wrote about side 1. I think that AQA have sent out some message saying that this didn't matter and they'd take this into account when marking. So yeah, don't worry, even if you did make that mistake, your results shouldn't suffer. But then again, it was a pretty basic error to make so you probably haven't done it anyways.
Reply 2
Basically, what happened was, the whole exam was in a booklet, with material inside (two adverts). The first two pages of the booklet had the questions, and the first page of one advert. The very first question only involved the first advert. The first advert was two pages long, but the second page was on the other side of the booklet. So what lots of people did (not me by a stroke of luck), was see the first question and answer using only the first page (because, by a bastard chance, the first page of the advert ended with a full stop and paragraph break). Lots of people then turned over to find the second page of the advert, and many people had to go back and rewrite their first answer, which waste a lot of time.
:s-smilie: Why should they take this into acount? Anybody, who dosen't possese the brain capacity to look at the text they're analysing, surely dosen't deserve special consideration! It's unfair on the people who did have the sense to look....
Reply 4
JordanSHowarth
:s-smilie: Why should they take this into acount? Anybody, who dosen't possese the brain capacity to look at the text they're analysing, surely dosen't deserve special consideration! It's unfair on the people who did have the sense to look....

Gotta agree with you there...
Reply 5
Its unfair that some people have the advantage of the invigulator pointing out the second sheet. Under exam stress it's surprising what you can miss.
Reply 6
JordanSHowarth

I do agree, I don't think it's fair on those who did see the second page.
People make mistakes when they're under pressure. It might seem obvious to us, but some people panic like mad.
Silly AQA...
Reply 9
This is nowhere near as bad as my history exam in international baccalaureate.

The idiots who made the exam simply printed out the may 2005 paper and sent it off to over 120 countries all doing the history exam (paper 2).
In my case I was affected by their mistake as they were going to be marking differently taking into consideration that the majority of students had already answered these essay questions.
Which reminds me of a GCSE OCR Modern World History Paper involving a pretty mean 6 mark question involving the Treaty of Lausanne comparing it with Sevres, when just about 99.5% of people had never heard of the Treaty of Lausanne and it wasn't anywhere in any revision guide which tended to focus on more important inter-war Treaties like Sevres, St Germain etc...

Of course, in theory, they had every right to ask that question, because it came under "inter-war treaties after WWI" but it was a pretty big cock-up because no one could answer it, and everyone was forced to do the 4,6,10 on Hitler's F-Policy..

OCR apologised, but think of all the poor kids who didn't revise Hitler... and went in and though "WTF!!!" and got worse grades... than they deserved :/
JordanSHowarth

you took the words right outta my head :wink:

Latest