The Student Room Group

Driving test moving ahead tools that are working now?

At the beginning of this year, I used Driving Test Now to switch my driving test from a faraway location to a nearby test centre. In about 10 days, the app worked.
Because my instructor said I wasn't ready, the test had to be moved to last week. Unfortunately, I failed the test w/ a very controversial serious fault.
I put the app back into active search. It has been 10 days now, and there is no good news so far.
I understand the success of the tool greatly depends on if there are tests canceled, but was also wondering if the app still works now that DVSA has improved their method to stop robots. For example, it's now harder for AI to pass the login check. Anyone knows about the situation now?
I'm considering trying some websites that offer refunds if no success. Any recommendation? Cheers
You can try, I passed a few months back but only took me 2 months. From theory to practical. I used a driving school to book it for me as I didn't want to do the searching. Using the driving cost a little bit extra. Also paid off as I passed with little effort.

The situation might be better but time will tell as they might try with bots again and get around what they did.

What was the controversial serious fault?
Reply 2
Original post by GetTwisted
You can try, I passed a few months back but only took me 2 months. From theory to practical. I used a driving school to book it for me as I didn't want to do the searching. Using the driving cost a little bit extra. Also paid off as I passed with little effort.

The situation might be better but time will tell as they might try with bots again and get around what they did.

What was the controversial serious fault?

Thanks. I'll be grateful if somebody could let me know the websties they tried recently and received satisfactory results.
I figured that there might be another issue. The fee is 62 quids for tests scheduled on weekdays and 75 for that on weekends. Since the test I booked in November is on weekdays, does that mean the app has to ignore all cancellations that occur to the weekends since it cannot do auto-booking for me due to the fee deficiency? If this indeed is the case, I guess I need to cancel my current test and rebook another on weekend - assuming it will cover both types of tests?

The serious fault was I moved over to lane 1 on a roundabout while driving on lane 2. I was taught by my instructor "Exiting in lane 1 is always preferable when it is safe to do so". The examiner said there were vehicles in lane 1 behind me and that I should exit in lane 2. But the van was quite far from me and by no means I made him slow down, I believe. In retrospect, I thought I better exit in lane 2 and then switch lanes. Doing this I may or may not get a minor, but definitely not a serious, Is my figuring correct?
If you exit in lane 2 then moved into lane 1 after exiting the roundabout you'd be fine. The examiner thought you didn't check the mirror when entering lane 1 from lane 2.

I used a driving school to book it for me I paid higher than 62 or 75, I paid close to 110 for it, but no hassle for me looking.
Reply 4
DVSA completely blocked my acct. Since the block is based on account rather than IP or MAC, I have no way to log into DVSA at all at the moment...The blockage has been lasting for three days now..
Why they block your account? Is that why your desperate to find a slot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending