The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
obviously they made a mistake
Reply 2
I'm not entirely convinced that this is a mistake - it could just be shit syntax.
For instance, the Olsen twin could be giving a speech in London, in order to gain a scholarship for Oxford University.

Sounds like a crap piece of cinema though.
Reply 3
Many internationals say London instead of England.
Looks like bad grammar, to be honest.
Reply 5
The film is set in New York though.
Reply 6
Acaila
The film is set in New York though.

Agreed.

"a wild day in New York City"
Reply 7
I read a review of it in the paper and I'm sure it did say set in New York.
They're also wearing I *heart* NY t-shirts in one pic.
Reply 8
Acaila
I read a review of it in the paper and I'm sure it did say set in New York.
They're also wearing I *heart* NY t-shirts in one pic.

I've emended my comment, having stumbled on a vital detail. :redface:
Reply 9
Hehe ok :biggrin:
Acaila
Hehe ok :biggrin:

I'm sure that Rhodes is turning in his grave too, and thinking "Why did I commit good money to these people - only for this to happen?". :wink:
Reply 11
Errrr who's Rhodes? :redface: :confused:
Acaila
Errrr who's Rhodes? :redface: :confused:

The man who bequested a fortune to Oxford University so that the best American students could be educated there - 'Rhodes Scholarship', Bill Clinton etc.

We're even. :wink:
Reply 13
i cannot stand the olsen twins. please make them GO AWAY!
Reply 14
mobbdeeprob
The man who bequested a fortune to Oxford University so that the best American students could be educated there - 'Rhodes Scholarship', Bill Clinton etc.

We're even. :wink:

Nuh-uh :tongue: You turned out to be wrong, I just didn't know :wink:. I could have googled it if I thought you'd take advantage of me like that.
Acaila
Nuh-uh :tongue: You turned out to be wrong, I just didn't know :wink:. I could have googled it if I thought you'd take advantage of me like that.

Hugwhores exist for me to take advantage of them - yourself more than most. :wink:
Reply 16
That's a horrid thing to say! I'm not hugging you anymore :tongue:
Reply 17
I think it's just bad grammar as well. Even most Americans know that Oxford University is in Oxford.
Acaila
That's a horrid thing to say! I'm not hugging you anymore :tongue:

You're talking almost as though you have a choice in the matter. :confused:

:wink:
Reply 19
the film sounds v.cheesy (and probably explains the error in the statement about Oxford!) and sounds like it has copied its ideas from the film "Clockwise" starting John Cleese which is v.good!

Latest

Trending

Trending