Edexcel Geography Unit 3: Contested Planet 6GE03 01 - 05 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
am111
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

A2 Edexcel Geography 2017 Unit 3: Contested Planet - 5th June

Spoiler:
Show

Hi Guys,

Is anyone else retaking/planning to retake the Edexcel Geography unit 3 exam? I understand that this is the last year that this specification is formally being taught at some colleges, so this thread might be helpful to the small group of us retaking and to some students who are doing the exam for the first time.

I'm also going to assume that this thread won't be used until we get the pre-release (which is out around March) or just closer to the exam time. Feel free to post any useful revision resources and notes on the pre-release when it's out.

Good luck everyone!

Resources:
http://www.percocohs.com/20%20-Geogr...sion-Guide.pdf
https://geographyalevelslc.com/a-level-unit-3/
http://www.geography.org.uk/resources
https://studywise.co.uk/a-level-revision/ (Cred: Alfoxd)

Pre-Release:
Unit 3: Bridging the Development Gap http://bit.ly/2nvuk9D
Unit 4:http://bit.ly/2nZ6FLn
(credit:harryleavey)

Threads for unit 4 (so far):
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
cb.mumblebeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am. I don't know where to start with relearning everything. I'm actually resitting unit 2, 3 and 4
Sophia1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone remember the A2 questions from last year for biodiversity and water?
am111
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophia1234)
Does anyone remember the A2 questions from last year for biodiversity and water?
Water:
a) Using figure 2, explain the causes and consequences of the differences in water cost. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the extent to which future water demand can be met using sustainable strategies. (15 marks)

Biodiversity:
a) Using figure 3, suggest reasons for the position of different countries on the forest transition curve model. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the relative importance of different players in biodiversity conservation. (15 marks)
m_wharrier
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know the 2016 question for superpowers?
Sophia1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Water:
a) Using figure 2, explain the causes and consequences of the differences in water cost. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the extent to which future water demand can be met using sustainable strategies. (15 marks)

Biodiversity:
a) Using figure 3, suggest reasons for the position of different countries on the forest transition curve model. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the relative importance of different players in biodiversity conservation. (15 marks)
What is a forest transition curve? What stuff would i need to include? Thank you by the way
am111
Rep:
?
What is a forest transition curve? What stuff would i need to include? Thank you by the way
Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why does XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.
Sophia1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why is XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.
Thank you so much
Sophia1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why does XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.
Do you have the mark scheme for any questions?
_emmaphoebe1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone know the questions for superpowers and energy in 2016?? Need help for mocks!
am111
Rep:
?
Do you have the mark scheme for any questions?
unfortunately I don't sorry
Sophia1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Do you remember any points you wrote for why countries have low levels of deforestation? and the afforestation part?
HarryFarwell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know the June 2016 questions for energy security?
_emmaphoebe1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HarryFarwell)
Do you know the June 2016 questions for energy security?
I think the 15 marker was "Using named examples, asses the costs and benefits of exploiting fossil fuels in technically difficult and environmentally sensitive areas."
I don't know the 10 marker I'm afraid I hope that helps!
lillyfga
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For the water questions, for sustainable strategies did you write about hard engineering, water restoration and water conservation???
cb.mumblebeee
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm just curious which topics did everyone choose in last year's unit 3 exam?
Melissaw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi does anyone know the questions from the 2016 paper for superpowers, energy security and deveolpment gap... this is urgent would be great if someone could get back to me
Elen11
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else retaking/planning to retake the Edexcel Geography unit 3 exam? I understand this is also the last year to retake this exam as the 'old' spec is no longer being taught at A2, so this thread might be helpful to the small group of us retaking?

I'm also going to assume that this thread won't be used until we get the pre-release (which is out around March) or just closer to the exam time. Feel free to post any useful revision resources and notes on the pre-release when it's out.

Good luck everyone!

(This thread can also be used to discuss unit 4)
I'm retaking just this exact exam!!!!! I would love a small study group!
Unit 3 is on topic as well as the pre-release so I think it could be beneficial to talk about that too...?
I aced GEO4 but got a C in GEO3... :/ So retaking in attempt to get an A*
Ryan CS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by am111)
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else retaking/planning to retake the Edexcel Geography unit 3 exam? I understand that this is also the last year to retake this exam as the 'old' spec is no longer being taught at A2, so this thread might be helpful to the small group of us retaking?

Good luck everyone!

(This thread can also be used to discuss unit 4)
Its the last year for AS retakes, next year will be the last A2. I'm doing it for the first time and I know its going to be a very hard one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (207)
46.94%
Take exams next summer (63)
14.29%
Change uni choice through clearing (100)
22.68%
Apply to uni next year instead (45)
10.2%
I'm not applying to university (26)
5.9%

Watched Threads