The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Unit 3: Contested Planet 6GE03 01 - 05 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

I am. I don't know where to start with relearning everything. I'm actually resitting unit 2, 3 and 4
Does anyone remember the A2 questions from last year for biodiversity and water?
Reply 4
Original post by Sophia1234
Does anyone remember the A2 questions from last year for biodiversity and water?

Water:
a) Using figure 2, explain the causes and consequences of the differences in water cost. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the extent to which future water demand can be met using sustainable strategies. (15 marks)

Biodiversity:
a) Using figure 3, suggest reasons for the position of different countries on the forest transition curve model. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the relative importance of different players in biodiversity conservation. (15 marks)
Does anyone know the 2016 question for superpowers?
Original post by am111
Water:
a) Using figure 2, explain the causes and consequences of the differences in water cost. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the extent to which future water demand can be met using sustainable strategies. (15 marks)

Biodiversity:
a) Using figure 3, suggest reasons for the position of different countries on the forest transition curve model. (10 marks)
b) Using named examples, assess the relative importance of different players in biodiversity conservation. (15 marks)

What is a forest transition curve? What stuff would i need to include? Thank you by the way
Reply 7
What is a forest transition curve? What stuff would i need to include? Thank you by the way

Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why does XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by am111
Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why is XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.

Thank you so much
Original post by am111
Sorry, I don't remember what the resources of the forest transition curve looked like but it was to do with suggesting reasons for percentage forest change in different countries with regards to afforestation and deforestation (So why does XYZ have a high percentage of deforestation etc). I hope that makes sense.

Do you have the mark scheme for any questions?
Does anyone know the questions for superpowers and energy in 2016?? Need help for mocks!:colondollar:
Reply 11
Do you have the mark scheme for any questions?

unfortunately I don't sorry :frown:
Original post by am111

Do you remember any points you wrote for why countries have low levels of deforestation? and the afforestation part?
Do you know the June 2016 questions for energy security?
Original post by HarryFarwell
Do you know the June 2016 questions for energy security?

I think the 15 marker was "Using named examples, asses the costs and benefits of exploiting fossil fuels in technically difficult and environmentally sensitive areas."
I don't know the 10 marker I'm afraid:frown: I hope that helps!
Reply 15
For the water questions, for sustainable strategies did you write about hard engineering, water restoration and water conservation???
I'm just curious which topics did everyone choose in last year's unit 3 exam?
Hi does anyone know the questions from the 2016 paper for superpowers, energy security and deveolpment gap... this is urgent would be great if someone could get back to me
Reply 18
Original post by am111
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else retaking/planning to retake the Edexcel Geography unit 3 exam? I understand this is also the last year to retake this exam as the 'old' spec is no longer being taught at A2, so this thread might be helpful to the small group of us retaking?

I'm also going to assume that this thread won't be used until we get the pre-release (which is out around March) or just closer to the exam time. Feel free to post any useful revision resources and notes on the pre-release when it's out.

Good luck everyone!

(This thread can also be used to discuss unit 4)

I'm retaking just this exact exam!!!!! I would love a small study group!
Unit 3 is on topic as well as the pre-release so I think it could be beneficial to talk about that too...?
I aced GEO4 but got a C in GEO3... :/ So retaking in attempt to get an A*
Original post by am111
Hi Guys,

Is anyone else retaking/planning to retake the Edexcel Geography unit 3 exam? I understand that this is also the last year to retake this exam as the 'old' spec is no longer being taught at A2, so this thread might be helpful to the small group of us retaking?

I'm also going to assume that this thread won't be used until we get the pre-release (which is out around March) or just closer to the exam time. Feel free to post any useful revision resources and notes on the pre-release when it's out.

Good luck everyone!

(This thread can also be used to discuss unit 4)

Its the last year for AS retakes, next year will be the last A2. I'm doing it for the first time and I know its going to be a very hard one.

Quick Reply

Latest