The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Politics Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

You guys should all visit beforehand. Warwick’s actually not in Warwick’s it’s in Coventry which is a really grim city (really grim). Leamington is very nice but it’s tiny and middle aged (not bad but it’s more a friendly family place) and it has 0 nightlife. Also the campus has nothing on it and is fairly dull. Academically it’s very good tho particularly for politics.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by IzzyChen77
Hi there guys! Got an offer for Politics International Relations and German at Warwick, any thoughts on whether Warwick is better for politics than Durham? Conflicted between the two as I have offers from both. Thanks

Original post by ileikspoons
Government. Did you apply?

Original post by 12gliu
Which course did you apply at LSE?

Hi guys,
I got an offer for PPE!
There is a Warwick Applicants and Offer Holders group on Facebook if you want to join and get to know other prospective students
I can't post the link on here, PM me for it or look it up: "Warwick 2018 Applicants & Offer Holders".
Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that there is a Warwick applicants FB group. Please join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/168900813713344
Original post by GovernmentEarner
You guys should all visit beforehand. Warwick’s actually not in Warwick’s it’s in Coventry which is a really grim city (really grim). Leamington is very nice but it’s tiny and middle aged (not bad but it’s more a friendly family place) and it has 0 nightlife. Also the campus has nothing on it and is fairly dull. Academically it’s very good tho particularly for politics.

Ignore this after the second sentence. Leamington or (leam as most students call it) has amazing nightlife. It is a student city as everyone from Warwick uni moves there in second year. There are numerous clubs which put on student nights with £2 shots/jagerbombs, £1.50 vodka mixers £5 queue jump etc so really good deals e.g. SMACK, Neon, Altoria and Zephry lounge-they all have different rooms which will play music from most genres so you will find a room for you. There is a bus called uniexpress which you buy online or from a rep and it means £12 queue jump and a return ticket to drop you off at 11 and pick you up from the club at 3. If you really want to party hard I know smack closes at 6 some days. Bars like Kelsey's put on bar crawls and close late there is also a big lively spoons. The campus has everything on it lmao it is not fairly dull some of the buildings are ugly tbh we have roots grocery which sells everything/like a supermarket reasonably priced and a 10 minute walk from campus there's cannon park with a big Tesco, Aldi, Iceland etc there is also the copper rooms which is like an on campus club which put on events/for example pop on a Wednesday which plays popular chart hits and karaoke songs so it's quite cheesy but it's good fun when you're drunk and only £4.
oh and its higher than Cambridge on league tables for politics, 4th I think

message me for more info! I'm a current student I know my stuff :smile:x
Original post by Theawesomejem
Ignore this after the second sentence. Leamington or (leam as most students call it) has amazing nightlife. It is a student city as everyone from Warwick uni moves there in second year. There are numerous clubs which put on student nights with £2 shots/jagerbombs, £1.50 vodka mixers £5 queue jump etc so really good deals e.g. SMACK, Neon, Altoria and Zephry lounge-they all have different rooms which will play music from most genres so you will find a room for you. There is a bus called uniexpress which you buy online or from a rep and it means £12 queue jump and a return ticket to drop you off at 11 and pick you up from the club at 3. If you really want to party hard I know smack closes at 6 some days. Bars like Kelsey's put on bar crawls and close late there is also a big lively spoons. The campus has everything on it lmao it is not fairly dull some of the buildings are ugly tbh we have roots grocery which sells everything/like a supermarket reasonably priced and a 10 minute walk from campus there's cannon park with a big Tesco, Aldi, Iceland etc there is also the copper rooms which is like an on campus club which put on events/for example pop on a Wednesday which plays popular chart hits and karaoke songs so it's quite cheesy but it's good fun when you're drunk and only £4.
oh and its higher than Cambridge on league tables for politics, 4th I think

message me for more info! I'm a current student I know my stuff :smile:x

Yeh Leamington got some good advantanges but isn’t right for everyone that’s why I suggested people visit, sounds like you love it 🙂.

Ah don’t bring Oxbridge into this, regardless of rankings they’re a different kettle of fish.
Original post by GovernmentEarner
Yeh Leamington got some good advantanges but isn’t right for everyone that’s why I suggested people visit, sounds like you love it 🙂.

Ah don’t bring Oxbridge into this, regardless of rankings they’re a different kettle of fish.

Oh I don’t care about oxbridge I was just expanding on your point about how politics is a good course, i chose Warwick as it’s outside London and not oxbridge 😂Yh I love I do love it at warwick do you study here?
Reply 66

OMG same!! Did you get an offer from both LSE and Warwick + where are you likely to firm?
There is now a PAIS & Politics Freshers Facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/341111426399267/
Reply 68
Yes, got an offer in mid-Jan.
Reply 69
Yes, got an offer in mid-Jan.

Original post by IzzyChen77
Hi there guys! Got an offer for Politics International Relations and German at Warwick, any thoughts on whether Warwick is better for politics than Durham? Conflicted between the two as I have offers from both. Thanks

If I've remembered correctly, Warwick had a higher ranking in Politics + IR, I've also applied to Warwick but my 1st choice is LSE. Nonetheless, I remember looking at the course details at Warwick + Durham, and I personally preferred Warwick's course, but it was just my personal preference.

Quick Reply

Latest