The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Written test and interview for USW

Hi everyone,
I'm new to The Student Room and I've recently booked my interview at the University of South Wales for their journalism course. I've been told there is also a 30 minute written test on general affairs, grammar and punctuation. Has anyone else done anything similar or done the same test at South Wales? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is on Wednesday!
gepugg
Hey! I had an interview for medical science, if there's any corrolation between them, I had two lecturers in the interview and they said it was so you could get a better feel for the course and not bias if you didn't like one of them. Also, why this course in this uni specifically? Try to link your interest in the course to something which either relates to you or something that peaks your interest? Say you were in the news when you were younger and the process was interesting or you wrote for your school paper etc, also to look engaging think of a few questions to ask at the end, it shows interest! I asked about number of applicants to the course as I couldn't find it online! Ooh also, know the lecturers, what literature have they written that really captivates you! Know your statistics for the course and the module breakdowns and what you want to do after the degree. Why is your writing style unique? Hope this helps let me know if you need anything else. Cheers
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending