The Student Room Group

Economics (AQA) (A2): 25 marker

Any advice on how to structure the 25 marker?
Thank you
Original post by devanshi.thanki
Any advice on how to structure the 25 marker?
Thank you

It's not really much different from the 20 markers, apart from the fact that you will need to be a lot more detailed in both your analysis and evaluation, and also have a more thorough and clear judgement (at the end). If you are doing one that is supposed to be on both micro and macro in the same essay, then I would split my analysis into 2 big chunks (one on micro, one on macro) or 1 big chunk and 2 small chunks (2 micro, 1 macro, or 2 macro 1 micro). For evaluation, I would probably go for 3 big chunks, where I would have 2 on micro, 1 on macro, or 2 on macro one on micro, or (if possible), 1 on micro, 1 on macro and one that encompasses both. You would then just have your final judgement of course, in which I would basically (for the first sentence of it) rewrite the question, but just in answer form, and then I would go on to explain myself. This is just a general idea of how you could go about it, but it also depends on what you feel comfortable with, how much time you have, and how easy it is to split the essay between micro and macro (some may be a lot more skewed to one than the other). Hope that helps a bit :smile:
Original post by KevinLonge
It's not really much different from the 20 markers, apart from the fact that you will need to be a lot more detailed in both your analysis and evaluation, and also have a more thorough and clear judgement (at the end). If you are doing one that is supposed to be on both micro and macro in the same essay, then I would split my analysis into 2 big chunks (one on micro, one on macro) or 1 big chunk and 2 small chunks (2 micro, 1 macro, or 2 macro 1 micro). For evaluation, I would probably go for 3 big chunks, where I would have 2 on micro, 1 on macro, or 2 on macro one on micro, or (if possible), 1 on micro, 1 on macro and one that encompasses both. You would then just have your final judgement of course, in which I would basically (for the first sentence of it) rewrite the question, but just in answer form, and then I would go on to explain myself. This is just a general idea of how you could go about it, but it also depends on what you feel comfortable with, how much time you have, and how easy it is to split the essay between micro and macro (some may be a lot more skewed to one than the other). Hope that helps a bit :smile:

Hey, this was extremely helpful! Thank you :smile:
The 313's are even worse! They are 40 years old, the oldest trains in the UK. They have no customer service staff onboard, no trolley service, no toilets, no air con, no 1st class. Not capitalist 1976! Old rolling stop!!

Quick Reply

Latest