The Student Room Group

Avoid this letting agency in newcastle.

A warning to all those looking for accommodation in Newcastle. Avoid an agency called Exchange Residential. Do not make the mistake I did. They are known for being the worst rated on Facebook for the area and to hide this they have hidden there reviews, which were all 1 star, and they now only allow nice comments on there page. I have borderline personality disorder and i have been driven mad by this agent. I have told them for the last 3 months that I am struggling with my illness due to.the horrendous noise (this is at stepney yard) it has an outdoor courtyard and I have the front room and the noise is horrendous. I have told them numerous times about how bad it is,I was reduced to sleep in the kitchen and cried myself to sleep. there response is always "ring axis security" who you are charged to call, and they never turn up. I won't type to much as last night I put one hell of a comment on a post on the stepney yard group as whatever I post to the company page will not go on. My comment (after I had been spoken to like an idiot)

Most of the time axis dont come (get a warden), even when you have a problem that can be danagerous such as water leaking into the cieling and nearly the electrics considering our hallway lights wouldnt turn off. I understand that Axis is a different company but you need to actually have words with them because so far i havent seen them do anything and considering you pay to ring them - they should be. I personally don't understand why they wouldnt send someone to come sort that out when it was so dangerous and they didnt even tell Exchange as i had to ring the next day and they knew nothing. The maintance man came and was amazed by it and he is probably the only good part of your company, very kind and helpful though always seems to knock on my door when im sorting myself and naked looking like a seal. On the other hand, the man on the phone who calls me sweetheart is nice. To be honest, i wouldnt really have much of a problem if it wasnt for the horrendous noise. I wouldnt mind having a 30 degreee fridge for 2 weeks which ruined our food or a leaking fire alarm. It is ridiculous that the only answer i have recieved is ring axis. I am sure it is in the tenancy agreement about the noise and I dont mind people having fun (I am not a boring ******) but i dont think it has to be at everyone elses expense. I dont think I should have to wait for a party to be over so i can go to bed for uni in the morning and I dont think i should be woken up at 4am because they want to scream about how someone stole their chips or because they thought smashing the firealarm would be hilarious (i heard them do it) and i shouldnt have to call axis to sort it out every night and be charged a fortune for them doing nothing. I am told I havent said who the culprits are (I have proof that I have) There are some selfish people who do it to wind people up and the only excuse is that they are students. University students, Not nursery students. To all the people doing this - I look forward to when you have exams because Im going to throw an Acid House Rave with Scooter on full blast. The walls and floors will vibrate so much you wont need a boyfriend. i am fed up of being told there is nothing you can do about noise - Yes there is. Get a warden, fine them, soundproof my room instead of having these paper thin walls and windows. I understand that the company itself isn't the cause of the noise but it is your job to make sure everyone is happy and is having the "best student life ever" and to make sure the tenancy agreement is being followed. If this isn't the case i'd like to know what your job is, because the way ive been spoken to and treated is horrendous and many others will agree though they might not be brave enough to say it but after speaking to many people we have all agreed that we have mocked and basically told to **** off with our complaints or worries about our wellbeing as the way to get new tenants is by being rude and unhelpful (Some staff are nice, maintance.man who eats at reception and Michelle) I highly doubt making people unhappy is the way to get good recommendations as I have said on the phone I will be telling students to avoid you like the plague if they want to stay sane. I wanted this to be the best student life ever but so i think I would of been best off living on northumberland street because at least thats peaceful and nothing can possibly go wrong, no leaking fire alarms at 3am being a personal highlight and then being told it wasnt an emergency despite how the lights in the hallway was waiting to be fixed as it wouldnt turn off which could of done damage to the entire building or us in the flat itself. It's a new build but i expect an old building to be falling apart. Before moving in and for some of the prices i expected better service, more qualified or should I say approachable staff, a sofa to come quick and not be given 3 different ones over a 3 month period because the company kept giving us the wrong ones (Must be ran by the blind) and some better dining room chairs as Ken Barlow has these Coronation Street..On a postive note, everything in my bathroom is spot on other than the hatch that has been open since i moved in and the amount of dust and marks on the wall that were there when i moved in as well which I know you will blame on me when it comes to inspection time as unlike one of my flatmates, I didnt take a photo of it straight away as I was sure everything was going to be fantastic.- i spent a lot of time in there the first 2 to after not having a blind as apparantly you were too busy to spend a minute fixing it, I have the front room so Im sure everyone had a brilliant view, could of been watching me sleep and sketching me for all . If the CCTV works. I doubt it is after the things ive seen and from the things ive told and the fact that you checked it over quite quickly to see the people screaming outside my window at 2am, which you couldnt see but did see people smoking outside of it (due to the **** being left on the floor) but you havent managed to check it in the past 2 weeks to find out who stole a girls parcel and no it isnt that tricky to find footage on a particular day in a given time frame as after my mother rang after experiencing this hell hole including the fire alarm incident, you apparently went over several nights of footage within 3 days but i think a girl having her parcel stolen is a bit of an immediate issue. Also, you said on here the culprits of the fire alarm incident were being dealt with but on the phone i was told they didnt know who did it despite there being a camera in that stairwell, I checked the next day and my room is right next to it. on the phone to Lindsay and Becky saying despite how the tenancy is being broken and my wellbeing is at risk you stil expect an installment in feburary and wouldn't let me leave my tenancy early despite the contract basically meaning nothing. I see now why you dont include a break clause because every one would be leaving except for the people that think acting like a prat and shouting "afterparty" at 3am on a tuesday morning is funny. You would rather have unhappy tenants that will lose you more money by telling everyone to avoid you and until someone actually takes this seriously and starts doing their job i will keep doing this than to let someone go and lose 2000 for the sake of their own wellbeing and mental health. I havent put myself in £40,000 of debt to be driven insane and to be spoken to the way i have and to be lied to, when i have evidence that proves that I have named some of the culprits of this madness, and you never have a record of anything such as the HDMI cable problem which Justin-James Atkinson has emailed you about and spoken to reception about (who just tell you to email, I fail to see the point of it) When you are driven to sleep in the kitchen because of the noise being so bad outfront and your crying yourself to sleep you would be a whole lot worse than I have been. I have spoken to you people are nicely as I can and was quite swayed when I first spoke to Becky as her first telephone call to me was pleasnt .she was nicer than I expected. But then after the second time I was shocked as I specifically wanted her to talk to as I liked her Instead when i rang to say that i wanted to call about me leaving and not paying rent I was spoken to like **** and when i asked if Becky would ring me back, she said no. I asked why and she asked why would i want to talk to her and I responded with "Because she is more polite" which I heard a chuckle/huff there and Becky did call me back - which didnt go well as ill be kind to her seeing as she did cheer me up when i first rang her, maybe she was having a rough day and hated the world so thought everyone else must suffer as well but then again maybe it's because she thinks that because I am student (that actually respects the building and people) that I am an idiot that she can walk over and I will shut up and say and i wont do anything that I said I would do. Another reason I think this "company" thinks it can mug students off is because they have hidden their reviews from facebook, which I read beforehand when i started losing the will to live and they were all ridiculously bad and if i had looked beforehand I would of settled in a house where I share the loo with lots of other people. If you google search Exchange Residential the rating does come up. 2 stars. And i did post on the page after my tantrum and despair and you not letting me go despite how myself and several others here and in your other properties could take you to court - it didn't post and i noticed all the other posts apart from one compliment which everyone can see and I will post it on TheStudentRoom advising future students not to go with your "company" (sounds more like your just winging it) I am sick of being treated like I am an idiot and how do you expect anyone to find a replacement tenant? How could I morally tell someone this is a great place to live? The girl who was going to replace me was moving because her place is noisy and her main conern was hearing the train, luckily she didnt ask about the probably drug fuelled parties that will make her want to go back to her home country. i did even offer to live in another of your properties and pay the same rent if it was lower so you werent losing money and that got ignored, I said i might be a little better if I had a back room, was ignored as I am sure there is one spare. If I had lived in newcastle before this year, I would of gone for a flst in heaton, cheaper better quality, Id rather share a toilet and have to **** under pressure than deal with this.I dont expect any reply from you, Sian (that nobody has seen to my knowledge, yet you seemed quite nice when i spoke to about moving in) or any of the staff at all. Other than the maintance men who finally came to fix our lights today as they are the most pleasant people to speak to, and possibly Michelle unlike some of you who hiss at the people you're supposed to be taking care of which in my experience has been Lindsey and Becky. I am aware they both read these and Lindsey i was surprised when I found out it was you on the phone as when I moved in you were very friendly, coming to fix sam's hatch but i suppose you're going to be kind when people move in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending