The Student Room Group

Solo female traveling in Saigon?

Hello everyone! I want to travel to Vietnam, but I am alone. Is it safe for women to travel in Vietnam?
How to avoid being deceived. Is finding a local travel agency the best choice?
Reply 1
Original post by Jezebel Kaylin
Hello everyone! I want to travel to Vietnam, but I am alone. Is it safe for women to travel in Vietnam?
How to avoid being deceived. Is finding a local travel agency the best choice?

It would seem the answer is yes
https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+it+safe+for+women+to+travel+in+Vietnam%3F&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB924GB924&oq=Is+it+safe+for+women+to+travel+in+Vietnam%3F&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCggCEAAYhgMYigUyCggDEAAYhgMYigUyCggEEAAYhgMYigUyCggFEAAYhgMYigXSAQc2MzRqMGo0qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Reply 2

Sure, Viet Nam is a safety country. Finding a local travel agency is better to make sure you have a nice and safe trip. I've just finished my great trip in Ho Chi Minh city with one. They are truthly experienced local guides. Not a luxury tour, everything is very Viet Nam. I tried famous local food, take around the city by motorcycle. That's amazing.
You should check the comment, price,... on the website, on Google Maps,... of those local travel agency to find out a reputable one. This is the one I tried: antoursvietnam.com
Vietnam is a safe country for traveling.
Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city) is one of 3 major cities in Vietnam so it is really easy for you to find a local tour agency.
Yes, tends to be a very safe place for solo female travellers.
But take all the normal precautions and be very careful at night.

Stay out of the neighbourhoods where gap year students and criminals go to buy crack or heroin.
Saigon has a problem with groups of female thieves on scooters snatching phones and gold jewellery at night.
There are also a small number of male pickpockets and all sorts of scam artists that will try to get their hands on tourists id. But these small time local criminals tend not to use violence.

Quick Reply

Latest