The Student Room Group

A level french/languages

Hello, I just wanted to ask u how many hours does it take roughly to study french a level with a tutor online from as level to a level. Also how many lessons do u need in a week. If anyone has any experience let me know and if u know any good online french tutors for a level also let me know
BTW I don't do french in my school for a levels so I want to know roughly the time it takes without studying it in school but instead studying french only with the online french tutor
THANK YOUUU
(edited 7 months ago)
I'm an online French tutor, and I find that the amount of lessons really varies student to student. If you got an A at the end of your AS year then you'll need fewer than if you got a C, in most cases. If you're fairly confident I'd say maybe 2 lessons per week through the year, but it really deoends
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you, when u say two lessons, do u mean 2 hrs a week right. BTW I haven't started my 1st Yr yet
Reply 3
Original post by tiredgiraff
I'm an ounce French tutor, and I find that the amount of lessons really varies student to student. If you got an A at the end of your AS year then you'll need fewer than if you got a C, in most cases. If you're fairly confident I'd say maybe 2 lessons per week through the year, but it really deoends

Thank you, when u say two lessons, do u mean 2 hrs a week right. BTW I haven't started my 1st Yr yet
Original post by Bird1234

I think so. For students who have a teacher then I often teach them once a week or once a fortnight, but if you don't have a teacher at school it'll be more like 2-3 per week plus homework. In sixth form you'd probably have 3-4 lessons per week if you had a French teacher in school, but I tend to bring the number down to 2-3 for one on one lessons as it's a bit more efficient.
Reply 5
I think so. For students who have a teacher then I often teach them once a week or once a fortnight, but if you don't have a teacher at school it'll be more like 2-3 per week plus homework. In sixth form you'd probably have 3-4 lessons per week if you had a French teacher in school, but I tend to bring the number down to 2-3 for one on one lessons as it's a bit more efficient.

Is it possible to do online lessons with you. So like where can I find you online if I search
Thank you for the help by the way!
Original post by Bird1234
Is it possible to do online lessons with you. So like where can I find you online if I search
Thank you for the help by the way!

I can't advertise my own tutor profile on TSR, but I work for Mytutor and Superprof and a few other tutoring services. They all have their places but I'd still avoid using these agencies if you have the option to go with an independent tutor
- all the online tutoring agencies take quite a high cut of tutors' wages, sometimes up to 60%, so if you find any independent tutors that might be better value for you and for the tutor. I've also used Italki before which seems to be financially less opaque but even so.
Reply 7
I can't advertise my own tutor profile on TSR, but I work for Mytutor and Superprof and a few other tutoring services. They all have their places but I'd still avoid using these agencies if you have the option to go with an independent tutor
- all the online tutoring agencies take quite a high cut of tutors' wages, sometimes up to 60%, so if you find any independent tutors that might be better value for you and for the tutor. I've also used Italki before which seems to be financially less opaque but even so.

OK thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending