The Student Room Group

Does anyone know where to find A Level tutors?

I need a tutor for A Level History AQA and OCR Religious Studies. I am self teaching as I plan to resit.
Reply 1
Are there tutors for A Level History and Religious Studies. I will be resitting as a private candidate.
There are lots of tutoring websites that you can find if you Google A level history online tutors, but if you know anyone who could help you then you'd avoid the agency fees :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by tiredgiraff
There are lots of tutoring websites that you can find if you Google A level history online tutors, but if you know anyone who could help you then you'd avoid the agency fees :smile:

What are agency fees? :smile:
Reply 4
It’s a dumb question I know 🤣
Original post by Anonymous
What are agency fees? :smile:

For example, for the tutoring company I've worked for, a session might cost a student £35-£50, but the tutor would receive maybe £10-£26, meaning that a large portion of what you pay goes towards the company. This means that tutors can afford to charge a lot less you you find them privately instead of via an agency. That being said, the agencies can be great for providing a safe environment to connect students and teachers, online spaces specifically dedicated to learning and etc. So it's up to you, really!
Reply 6
Original post by tiredgiraff
For example, for the tutoring company I've worked for, a session might cost a student £35-£50, but the tutor would receive maybe £10-£26, meaning that a large portion of what you pay goes towards the company. This means that tutors can afford to charge a lot less you you find them privately instead of via an agency. That being said, the agencies can be great for providing a safe environment to connect students and teachers, online spaces specifically dedicated to learning and etc. So it's up to you, really!

Thanks for explaining that to me :smile: and yes I will take into consideration the agency aspect!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending