The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
SiAnY
I got an exercise bike yesterday and i want to use it in my bedroom but the trouble is is that the noise goes right through the floor so it's annoying for people downstairs. Any tips on how to reduce the noise?? :biggrin:

Put softish underneath to cushion it...that might cut down on noise travelling through the floor..unfortunately..it might make the bike unstable??

G
Reply 2
Scream at the top of your voice the whole time you use it. That'll be so loud, they won't hear the noise the bike is making :biggrin:
Reply 3
Ellie4
Scream at the top of your voice the whole time you use it. That'll be so loud, they won't hear the noise the bike is making :biggrin:

I can imagine that'd make breathing quite hard then....:tongue:

G
Reply 4
Theres no real way to stop this really, youll have to move it:frown:
Reply 5
Ellie4

:rolleyes: Trust you to say that! I need sensible suggestions :biggrin: :tongue:
Reply 6
gzftan
I can imagine that'd make breathing quite hard then....:tongue:

G

I never said the plan was perfect...
Reply 7
imasillynarb
Theres no real way to stop this really, youll have to move it:frown:

No :tongue:
Reply 8
Ellie4
I never said the plan was perfect...

Why not just play really really loud music instead then! :tongue:

G
Reply 9
SiAnY
:rolleyes: Trust you to say that! I need sensible suggestions :biggrin: :tongue:

Hmm well all I can think of sensibly is to put a towel down to muffle the noise a bit. :confused:
Reply 10
gzftan

G

You could do that.. My plan's more fun though :frown:
try getting one of those foam exercise mats or even a yoga mat...put that under it and it should still be stable...plus you could always do a bit of situps when you get bored then too!

love Katy ***
Reply 12
Ellie4
You could do that.. My plan's more fun though :frown:

How about screaming along to loud music???

And why so sad????

G
gzftan

G

I have neighbours to think about y'know. :tongue:
Reply 14
gzftan
How about screaming along to loud music???

And why so sad????

G

Heh, cos you pooped on my plan! :biggrin:
Reply 15
SiAnY
I have neighbours to think about y'know. :tongue:

Buy them earplugs for christmas....a very early christmas present :tongue:

G
ickle_katy
try getting one of those foam exercise mats or even a yoga mat...put that under it and it should still be stable...plus you could always do a bit of situps when you get bored then too!

love Katy ***

Good plan :smile:
Reply 17
Ellie4
Heh, cos you pooped on my plan! :biggrin:

:frown:..sorry..didn't mean to....you can still scream if you want! :smile:

G
Reply 18
gzftan
:frown:..sorry..didn't mean to....you can still scream if you want! :smile:

G

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... and I'm done!
Reply 19
Ellie4
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... and I'm done!

There now...doesn't that feel better??? :smile:

G

Latest

Trending

Trending