The Student Room Group

summer goal

i really want to exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water, sleep appropriately, film youtube videos and learn to code and stuff but im not doing it. i dont want to waste my summer and holidays and regret like last many times...
Reply 1
Don’t think about it, just do. I also struggle with procrastination, I find that it helps to just clear your mind start doing what you need/want to do, without thinking much.
Reply 2
Try keeping a diary. Write down your meals, water intake, specific goals that you can tick.off, like number of steps or a certain amount of exercise each day. Some people like having a plan in front of them and seeing what they've achieved.
Original post by cutiepiedana
i really want to exercise, eat healthy, drink lots of water, sleep appropriately, film youtube videos and learn to code and stuff but im not doing it. i dont want to waste my summer and holidays and regret like last many times...

try and make it fun (yoga, biking with friends, etc.) and easy to start/do - after all, summer is to be enjoyed! start by doing baby steps now, like charging up your camera, making sure you have a good water bottle so that it will be less of a chore to find everything you need and it won't be as irritating. you could try to keep a journal and write down when you managed to achieve everything you wanted that day, and celebrate that! but remember to be flexible and enjoy the process of achieving your goals too
Reply 4
Start with your goals to take care of yourself and make that the main priority, you can't do much of anything when you don't have a needed reset each night or the energy from eating well. Once your body feels physically up to other tasks, motivation will come much more naturally and easier.
Original post by Nobutyes
Don’t think about it, just do. I also struggle with procrastination, I find that it helps to just clear your mind start doing what you need/want to do, without thinking much.

admire your will power. send some my way.:smile:
Original post by cutiepiedana

This might sound delusional but whenever I don't want to do sth, I romantize my life and pretend that I'm just going through a training/studying montage from a Ghibli film - it makes it less boring and makes me feel happy. To reward myself I make cups of tea in my favorite mug and make it as asethtically pleasing as possible, maybe that can help?
Reply 7
As I understand you, I have a similar situation. This is all because I am very lazy. But I decided to pull myself together this summer and start taking action. Just before the summer, I came across an article https://betterme.world/articles/30-day-fast-weight-loss/ and realized that this would actually be my goal in sports for this summer. I also started reading books - I read 3 parts of Harry Potter. And I also found a new hobby - drawing. I am very happy that I did not waste this summer
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest