The Student Room Group

Clearing

Just wondering if anyone went through clearing and how much the grade went down. For example did it go down by 1 or 2 grades.
Reply 1
Has anyone gone through clearing I am wondering how much your grade offer went down by?
(edited 2 months ago)
If there is a reduction, (and there isn't always), then it is common to be 1 or 2 grades below the standard one. Anything more than that is pot luck,
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
If there is a reduction, (and there isn't always), then it is common to be 1 or 2 grades below the standard one. Anything more than that is pot luck,

Thanks, do you know anyone who has been offered a lower grade, the universities i have applied for have already gone down 1 or 2 but may go through clearing
Original post by LeoHockey123!
Thanks, do you know anyone who has been offered a lower grade, the universities i have applied for have already gone down 1 or 2 but may go through clearing

Countless students receive reduced offers in clearing every year. But it's impossible to predict what will be available, or how big the reductions will be, because it depends on this years exam results.
Reply 5
Countless students receive reduced offers in clearing every year. But it's impossible to predict what will be available, or how big the reductions will be, because it depends on this years exam results.

I guess some universities that particular year will not want B's, C's or D's depending on the university
I guess some universities that particular year will not want B's, C's or D's depending on the university

Exactly, it's very hit and miss and couled change every year.

Have you applied and received any offers in the main application cycle yet?
Reply 7
Exactly, it's very hit and miss and couled change every year.

Have you applied and received any offers in the main application cycle yet?

Yep recieved all 5 close to deciding on the final 2
(edited 2 months ago)
Yep recieved all 5 close to deciding on the final 2

When you pick your firm and insurance choices they can accept you below your offer grades if they have spaces. They will do this before going into clearing with reduced grades. Universities prefer to have committed students than others looking to go there because of rejections elsewhere and if they accept someone who applied there they have a guaranteed space filled.

As far as clearing itself is concerned about 1/2 dozen or so dont enter clearing at all and some others only have a few courses in clearing and these wont drop their grades or maybe by 1 or 2 grades.

Other universities will not have filled their required spaces and will drop more than 2 grades. It really depends on the university and course and as already said changes every year. It is absolutely pointless trying to guess at this stage how much ant given university will dop grades,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending