The Student Room Group

Difference between triangulation and methodological research?

I've trying to understand the difference between these two, but its really confusing. Can anyone explain it to me in an easily understandable way?
Thank you!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Triangulation - you basicallly are using different forms of evidence/data (e.g. 1 article + 1 report/video) or data collected by different people to support your research. - This makes it reproducible/reliable or whatever....

The other thing is bassically reseaching somethng e.g. proving/disporving a statement (aka hypothesis) in a orderly/methodlogical way e.g. pilot study then a questionaire(primary method then secondary) etc... (I think your textbook explains all this)

SOURCE: I GOT A IN SOCIOLOGY
Reply 3
Original post by shohaib712
Triangulation - you basicallly are using different forms of evidence/data (e.g. 1 article + 1 report/video) or data collected by different people to support your research. - This makes it reproducible/reliable or whatever....

The other thing is bassically reseaching somethng e.g. proving/disporving a statement (aka hypothesis) in a orderly/methodlogical way e.g. pilot study then a questionaire(primary method then secondary) etc... (I think your textbook explains all this)

SOURCE: I GOT A IN SOCIOLOGY

Thank you so much!! Wow an A!
You are my new mentor from now on. NO jokes.

Quick Reply

Latest