The Student Room Group
It IMMENSE... you'll find it useful in all your other subjects because it trains you in a certain way of thinking. If you're anythign liek me you'll hate it at first but grow to love it.
It's a very simple and quite useful course. But the subject content is quite/very little, and really it is only applying it to newspaper articles that is tricky. The exam though is actually a little harder (although I had very little practice before the exam - and came out with a B at AS): making up your own arguments, analysing more advanced texts etc.
Reply 3
^
i also got a B at AS

its not that hard :smile: i would reccomend doing it as an extra as level because it doesnt need huge amounts of revision for it
Some uni's accept it as a fourth AS!
It's... an extra AS.

I wasn't too fond of it - it's packaged as some "amazing AS that develops your mind", although I personally thought that you weren't really allowed to think; I had the feeling that if you don't put down the sorts of things the examiners want, you won't get a good mark.

As I say, it's an extra AS - and it's easy to get an A or B if you work moderately well at it all year.
Reply 6
I detested Critical Thinking. Got a 'C' in it. But ... it's extra UCAS points if anything.
Reply 7
I got an E in it. I hated it. :p:

In my sixthform it was an "extra" that no one, not even the teachers really cared about.
It was also the first year they did it so i dont really think they knew what to expect. :rolleyes:

I didnt see the point of it really and some unis dont except it.
Reply 8
Triplet1
I didnt see the point of it really and some unis dont except it.

Isn't that a reason for Critical Thinking? :wink:
Reply 9
Lusus Naturae
Isn't that a reason for Critical Thinking? :wink:

Ermmm. :confused:
^
What you (presumably) meant to say was "some unis don't accept it" (which is true); but what it actually said was "some unis don't except [they actually count] it" - which is also true.
Reply 11
i would say its respected as much as general studies by some uni's - but if you feel you might enjoy it then go for it.
Reply 12
Nobody in my year group got an A in it. And that's a grammar school.

Latest