The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sainsburys is in town, otherwise if you have a car youll find Asda, Tesco and Morrisons all within about 10 mins driving distance.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
:ditto:

For people who are living on the Bulmershe campus, Iceland and Waitrose are a 15-minute walk away. Having said that, I did walk to Asda from Bulmershe and it took me just over 3 hours to walk there, shop and walk back (I would suggest, if you're planning on doing this, taking a trolley of some form, as my arms began to ache after 10 minutes...)
Reply 3
Drive to Tescos - someone's bound to have a car.
is there nothing within walking distance of the uni?
guitargirl03
:ditto:

For people who are living on the Bulmershe campus, Iceland and Waitrose are a 15-minute walk away. Having said that, I did walk to Asda from Bulmershe and it took me just over 3 hours to walk there, shop and walk back (I would suggest, if you're planning on doing this, taking a trolley of some form, as my arms began to ache after 10 minutes...)

Ah on my first week at the 'mershe i did that massive trip to Asda! Didn't expect it to take that long!

There's a Sainsburys in town centre. Which you can get to by bus and back.

Otherwise, if you have a motor you can easily get to Tesco and Asda. :smile:
Reply 6
There are buses that go from Campus to ASDA. Try the number 18 from the bus stop opposite whiteknights hall.
Reply 7
I've figured it out now two years on :tongue:
englighten me!! your post still very relavent though!
Reply 9
Beatrix Potter
englighten me!! your post still very relavent though!

My bad, didn't see your q.

There's a bus from campus that goes to asda and a sainsburys in town. There used to be a tesco bus from around st georges, whiteknights and childs but its just dissappeared!
How much is it?
Reply 11
Beatrix Potter
How much is it?

The prices keep changing, but I think it's £1.70 for a single, £3.10 for a return, £3.30 for an all day pass. Give or take 10p.
Reply 12
Yeeeah I’ll be getting sum Tesco’s delivery me thinks.
Reply 13
hannahradford
The prices keep changing, but I think it's £1.70 for a single, £3.10 for a return, £3.30 for an all day pass. Give or take 10p.

£3.50 now or something for a busabout (stupid name) nearly had a heart attack the other day.
Reply 14
hannahradford

There are no return tickets anymore.
If you're going into the town centre regularly you're better off with an East Reading weekly ticket for £11.
Reply 15
1.70 it is. I was whole last week at Student Village and walking on foot to Asda wasn't such a disaster :P but well I run everyday anyways all the nearest shops aren't cheap there is a closed( or going to be open) Spar just on the edge near Sport Park, but even if it would be open the prices aren't low
Reply 16
Grotbag
There are no return tickets anymore.
If you're going into the town centre regularly you're better off with an East Reading weekly ticket for £11.

When did they stop doing returns?! I got a return only a few weeks ago :frown: oh well, we only saved liked 20p anyway.
Reply 17
*Sparkle*
£3.50 now or something for a busabout (stupid name) nearly had a heart attack the other day.

£3.50?! I think I'd rather walk, hah.
Reply 18
hannahradford
When did they stop doing returns?! I got a return only a few weeks ago :frown: oh well, we only saved liked 20p anyway.

1st June. Everyone in Reading was miffed. The alternative to a weekly ticket if you don't use the bus often enough to justify the price is an easysaver 10 - £15 for 10 journeys (£1.50 instead of £1.70 a journey) although they are £12 until 31st August if anyone is in Reading and wants to get one earlier at that price. You can get those in the Broad Street Mall travel kiosk.

I should get sodding comission for this.
i suppose freshers would go into town quite a lot so £11 for a week ticket isnt that bad? or do people not use the bus that much?

Latest

Trending

Trending