The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
erm, hasn't this done before, very recently as well. there are more than one page of threads.
Reply 2
wiwarin_mir
erm, hasn't this done before, very recently as well. there are more than one page of threads.
Oh well, no one's going to reply to the old threads, I have just refreshed it in my name!
Reply 3
icetopaz_h454
Just curious. It's something to do to pass the time because it's thundering down here so I cannot really do much. NO! NOT ANOTHER STORM!

Lol i know, all those damn storms. Its not raining though...
Anyway, i wear glasses only for driving (such a pain) and to see the board when im far away or when my teachers write really small or in flurescent (sp?) pen.
icetopaz_h454
Just curious. It's something to do to pass the time because it's thundering down here so I cannot really do much. NO! NOT ANOTHER STORM!

I wear contacts the majority of the time, but glasses for when I can't be bothered to put in the lenses, or when my eyes start to itch from them.
How abt if I wear glasses only if I really need to?...
(my power is very low -0.5, and I used them in the lab and sometimes when I'm out on the road?...)
I got my glasses after my eye surgery 6 years back..since then, its been the same no.:smile:....
As a side note - would anyone haev laser eye surgery?

I'd really like to as I HATE not being able to see clearly, but I'm a bit freaked out by the tought of lasers near my eyes lol
Reply 7
red665

I'd really like to as I HATE not being able to see clearly, but I'm a bit freaked out by the tought of lasers near my eyes lol

It must be painful for a while afterwards, and it can go wrong, although i'm not too sure about the risks. Obviously i wouldn't get it until I need to wear glasses permenantly (which will be sometime). It would be awful if it went wrong though!
Reply 8
I wear glasses while I'm awake. My eyes are seriously bad. I can't see a thing without them. But, interestingly, I play basketball without them.
Reply 9
Ramaya
Lol i know, all those damn storms. Its not raining though...
Anyway, i wear glasses only for driving (such a pain) and to see the board when im far away or when my teachers write really small or in flurescent (sp?) pen.

Same as me, although I don't really need them to drive...just for the test :frown:
just look at the picture thread.

MB
Reply 11
jumpunderaboat
Same as me, although I don't really need them to drive...just for the test :frown:

Yep! Because although i can't see the reg plates when they ask to read them, i always feel they're too far away.
Reply 12
red665

It is something I would like, however I wouldn't consider it until I was over 25, as you need to be sure your eyes have stopped growing, otherwise it is pointless to have surgery. Also it costs a lot :tongue:.
No way! Being in a minority for not wearing glasses? :eek:
Reply 14
Pfft, don't you watch films... the clever people always wear glasses, what do you expect on a forum full of academics :biggrin:.
Reply 15
AntiMagicMan
It is something I would like, however I wouldn't consider it until I was over 25, as you need to be sure your eyes have stopped growing, otherwise it is pointless to have surgery. Also it costs a lot :tongue:.

Cool, I was thinking of maybe getting it done, but yeah, if you have to make sure your eyes have stopped growing then maybe not! Though i wonders how I will be able to afford it after uni!
SciFi25
Cool, I was thinking of maybe getting it done, but yeah, if you have to make sure your eyes have stopped growing then maybe not! Though i wonders how I will be able to afford it after uni!

Apart from anything, you have to keep doing it as your eyes deteriorate. Surely it's easier just to wear glasses.

MB
Reply 17
Camford
My eyes are seriously bad. I can't see a thing without them.

I can't see a thing without my eyes either. :wink:

I almost always wear sunglasses when I go out now...maybe it's just me, but it seems so bright this summer.
Reply 18
musicboy
Apart from anything, you have to keep doing it as your eyes deteriorate. Surely it's easier just to wear glasses.

MB

Okay, scratch that idea then!
Reply 19
happysunshine
No way! Being in a minority for not wearing glasses? :eek:

Nah, just people who don't wear glasses are less likely to look at this thread.

Folks who need glasses to read the numberplate in your driving test - this means it will be a legal requirement for you to wear glasses or lenses at all times when driving. If you have an accident and aren't wearing them, there could be trouble. I never go out without them if I'm going to be driving.

Latest

Trending

Trending