The Student Room Group

Quick hypothetical question!

Okay... A hypothetical situation:

Say, you applied for a course and got accepted... then for some (quite good) reason, you declined it totally deciding its not for you...

*few years later...*

you decide to want to give the original course another go, does that mean the places you applied to to begin with (that you accepted but rejected) will not give you another chance? Or can you still apply? What are the chances etc?

Any advice will be grateful! :smile:
They're unlikely to remember you. And if they do, they're unlikely to care, unless you did something remarkably rash to turn down the offer.
Reply 2
Dr. Blazed
They're unlikely to remember you. And if they do, they're unlikely to care, unless you did something remarkably rash to turn down the offer.

lol... such as?

Does deciding the subject isn't your top one count as a "remarkably rash" reason? lol
Reply 3
*skye*
Okay... A hypothetical situation:

Say, you applied for a course and got accepted... then for some (quite good) reason, you declined it totally deciding its not for you...

*few years later...*

you decide to want to give the original course another go, does that mean the places you applied to to begin with (that you accepted but rejected) will not give you another chance? Or can you still apply? What are the chances etc?

Any advice will be grateful! :smile:

Hi *skye*!

Yes that is absolutely fine. I have done this myself and had no problems.

I originally applied for Human Bioscience at Plymouth in 2001. I got accepted but then I declined their offer as I wanted some time out. I applied again in 2002 and did the same again because I decided to wait. I have applied again this year for the same course and been accepted but this time am definately going!!! :biggrin:

Hope this helps

niknak
Reply 4
NikNak
Hi *skye*!

Yes that is absolutely fine. I have done this myself and had no problems.

I originally applied for Human Bioscience at Plymouth in 2001. I got accepted but then I declined their offer as I wanted some time out. I applied again in 2002 and did the same again because I decided to wait. I have applied again this year for the same course and been accepted but this time am definately going!!! :biggrin:

Hope this helps

niknak

Yeh thanks, it does! :smile:
*skye*
Yeh thanks, it does! :smile:

I think they will never wanna see you again :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 6
Whats_The_411?
I think they will never wanna see you again :biggrin: :wink:

Cheers for that :tongue:
*skye*
Cheers for that :tongue:

You are very welcome :biggrin:
Reply 8
*skye*
lol... such as?

Does deciding the subject isn't your top one count as a "remarkably rash" reason? lol

Declining veterinary science at Oxbridge probably wouldn't be a good idea. Other than that, you should be fine, I know of at least three people who did that and got offers from the same place the next year, so a few years later should be no problem whatsoever.

Latest

Trending

Trending