The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester 2017 Applicants?

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, my names Jordi got offer for professional musicianship (guitar), trying to see where other people are going lol congrats on all your offers :smile:
Hey, congrats man! Just received my offer for professional musicianship with guitar for 2017 and wanted to chat to some of the other students going about accommodation and stuff! If you wanna add me on fb its Kirsty Bannatyne (Scotland) :smile:
Hi guys, I'm Thea. I just had my audition for BIMM Manchester, Professional Musicianship (vocals) for 2017 too. I'm from Durham- near Newcastle- so I'm also a tad clueless about accommodation, I want to stay in halls for my first year, but my price range is quite small, anyone got any good ideas on halls that are cheap? Thanks!!
Reply 23
I posted a while ago and have been having trouble logging in! There's so many more people now which is so nice. Congrats to you all 🎉I'm booked in at parkway gate for my accommodation and I'm not really sure what to expect but fingers crossed it's all ok. Feel free to add me on Facebook if you like, it would be nice to start getting to know everyone. My names Abbie Howard and it's the picture with a blonde girl (me) with like an orange n black dress and my boyfriend in a black top. I think it says Valley Secondary school under my name or something. 😊 Also if you know anyone else staying at parkway gate could you let me know?

Thanks 😊
Hi Abbie!! I'll try and add you on Facebook now! I've just got my official offer from BIMM!! Congrats to everyone also! I'll have a look on the websites for parkway gate 😊
Reply 25
Hello! Just wondering for the people whove done their auditions for professional musicianship (vocals) what the auditions were like?
Original post by Ellis666
Hello! Just wondering for the people whove done their auditions for professional musicianship (vocals) what the auditions were like?

They were really informal and chilled out! They don't want you to be more nervous than you already will be haha
Reply 27
what exactly do they make you do/ ask you?? thanks for replying!!
Just a little bit of theory and scale singing and harmony exercises, then your song. They also just have a chat with you about your life and career ambitions
Reply 29
Sorry for pestering!! I'm not exactly trained in theory, do they expect you to know anything? And is the scale singing just "sing back to me the scale I just played on piano" like, they won't ask you to sing scales from memory will they??
Sorry for pestering!! I'm not exactly trained in theory, do they expect you to know anything? And is the scale singing just "sing back to me the scale I just played on piano" like, they won't ask you to sing scales from memory will they??

No need to stress at all about the theory part, they just want to see if you know anything at all, when you start the degree, the theory lessons go from the very start, you learn everything. And yeah, they play you a scale then you sing it back
Original post by EmilyBrownsey
Hello! My name is Emily :smile: I've received an offer for music business at bimm manchester for 2017, is anyone else on here applying for the same/ different course?
hi I'm Ella I'm doing the professional musicianship course (singing) you found accomodation? X
Original post by chloerobson
Hi Emily, I'm Chloe. Congratulations!! I have just received an offer from Bimm Manchester for Professional Musisianship (vocals) I'm not from manchester so I'm clueless as to what student accommodation to look for but the receptionist at Bimm recommended The Student Village, he said its local and where a lot of bimm students live??
Hi Chloe I'm Ella ive recently booked at student village and I'm also on the same course as you message me if you want any details or jusy wanna talk?x
Original post by ellamckev
hi I'm Ella I'm doing the professional musicianship course (singing) you found accomodation? X

Hey Ella :smile: Yeepp, I'm in Liberty Heights, opposite one of the bimm buildings :smile:
Original post by EmilyBrownsey
Hey Ella :smile: Yeepp, I'm in Liberty Heights, opposite one of the bimm buildings :smile:

I'm in MSV do you have Facebook? Be good to know someone when I start😂
I'm in MSV do you have Facebook? Be good to know someone when I start😂

Hey! haha same, add me on facebook my name is Emily Brownsey :smile:
Reply 36
Hi, I'm Zack,

I've applied for Bimm music production course 2017/2018 in Manchester.
I just want to see who is considering/doing this course.

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
I have just been accepted onto professional musicianship- vocals and am wondering where people are staying...also there are two BIMM buildings in Manchester, does the course flit between the two??
I have just been accepted onto professional musicianship- vocals and am wondering where people are staying...also there are two BIMM buildings in Manchester, does the course flit between the two??

Hey ive been accepted for the same course and I'm in MSV Halls as for the buildings I'm not sure sorry xx
Hey ive been accepted for the same course and I'm in MSV Halls as for the buildings I'm not sure sorry xx

I'm pretty sure we'll be going between both BIMM buildings, I've also been offered a place for the Professional Musicianship- vocals, I'm putting a deposit down for a room at MSV tomorrow :smile: Also, if anyone wants to add me on Facebook, my name's Thea Anderson and I'm from Durham :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending