The Student Room Group

Year 13 work placement ideas? (NI)

I'm interested in doing something like human resources in the future or something to do with the A levels I am doing (Health & social, hospitality and sociology) but I don't know where to go. Does anyone have any ideas where to go in Northern Ireland?
Original post by OrlaghMcB
I'm interested in doing something like human resources in the future or something to do with the A levels I am doing (Health & social, hospitality and sociology) but I don't know where to go. Does anyone have any ideas where to go in Northern Ireland?

You could try local hotels (just thinking because of your A-Levels), and try slightly bigger firms in your area. You could get something really interesting in their HR departments. It's worth seeing if anywhere local will take you on :smile:
Just one thing to keep in mind, HR data is confidential so unless you are a full-time employee, it might be difficult to find meaningful work experience in the field.

Maybe find a role will competencies that are transferable to HR? e.g leadership, ethics, customer service, communication etc.
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
You could try local hotels (just thinking because of your A-Levels), and try slightly bigger firms in your area. You could get something really interesting in their HR departments. It's worth seeing if anywhere local will take you on :smile:

Thank you, I'll ask around different places near me and check. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Just one thing to keep in mind, HR data is confidential so unless you are a full-time employee, it might be difficult to find meaningful work experience in the field.

Maybe find a role will competencies that are transferable to HR? e.g leadership, ethics, customer service, communication etc.

Thank you, I'll look around and see if there is anything around that can accept me that has similar qualities in the HR field. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending