The Student Room Group

Funding a second degree

Hi - I am interested in applying to study social work in NI. As my first undergraduate degree is unrelated (computer science), I am not eligible for the fast track programmes offered by Queens and Ulster which leaves me with doing another three year bachelors to pursue this.

I know that social work students get the yearly £4000 bursary and £500 transport allowance, but I am wondering if it's possible for me to get any more help with paying tuition fees? Student Finance NI funded my first degree (3 years + placement year). I remember at the time being told that you get one extra years funding in case you changed your mind on the course - I realise this is probably for first year students but thought it was worth asking if I would be eligible to apply for any funding from them for that one extra year.

Failing that, does anyone know if the bank is willing to give out loans for this kind of scenario? I have a well paying job at the minute and will be saving up until I start, but the idea of everything I've been saving for a house deposit being eaten up by tuition fees instantly is a bit disheartening.

I don't want to put off starting any longer than I have to because of financial worries. Any help is appreciated!
Hi, i am doing social work- how do u find out about bursary ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending