Is 2 A Levels and a btec in Engineering enough to do physics at uni? Watch

Tom Holehouse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I have to decide my second year subjects and I don't know whether to do Maths,Physics,Futhermaths (However I am struggling with Furthermaths, which may pull my physics and maths grade down if I was to take it second year) or Maths, Physics and Engineering btec...

Let's say I get a A*A and Distintion* in maths, physics and engineering btec then would that mean I can only go on to do an engineering degree or could I do a physics degree? Only want to go to Russel group uni's

Thanks
SummerStrawberry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You might not get into Oxbridge/Imperial etc., but you'd definitely stand a chance at a number of top-rated universities. Don't limit your search just to the RG, though; there are a lot of other great universities, some of which are even 'better' than their RG counterparts in some subjects!
Samendra
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok, first of all russel group uni's are meaningless, go for top unis, russel groups are not always the best. You have to check with the unis to see if they will accept it.
Tom Holehouse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by SummerStrawberry)
You might not get into Oxbridge/Imperial etc., but you'd definitely stand a chance at a number of top-rated universities. Don't limit your search just to the RG, though; there are a lot of other great universities, some of which are even 'better' than their RG counterparts in some subjects!
So let's say hypotheticaly, I get A*A and Distinction* and I wanted to go to a good uni like oxbrigde, would I be able to do a physics degree there as physics entry requirements are higher than engineering. Btw i know your not going to know exactly but what is your opinion.
s.mehmood
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can get into Russell Group universities depending on their entry requirements for your chosen course. Try looking outside of RG as there are many other excellent universities.
SummerStrawberry
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From the Oxford University website:

Name:  02e6ede7c11b49858a3c88015fba5dd5[1].png
Views: 233
Size:  56.9 KB

Attachment 613920613922
Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%