The Student Room Group

Is 2 A Levels and a btec in Engineering enough to do physics at uni?

Hi, I have to decide my second year subjects and I don't know whether to do Maths,Physics,Futhermaths (However I am struggling with Furthermaths, which may pull my physics and maths grade down if I was to take it second year) or Maths, Physics and Engineering btec...

Let's say I get a A*A and Distintion* in maths, physics and engineering btec then would that mean I can only go on to do an engineering degree or could I do a physics degree? Only want to go to Russel group uni's

Thanks
You might not get into Oxbridge/Imperial etc., but you'd definitely stand a chance at a number of top-rated universities. Don't limit your search just to the RG, though; there are a lot of other great universities, some of which are even 'better' than their RG counterparts in some subjects!
Ok, first of all russel group uni's are meaningless, go for top unis, russel groups are not always the best. You have to check with the unis to see if they will accept it.
Original post by SummerStrawberry
You might not get into Oxbridge/Imperial etc., but you'd definitely stand a chance at a number of top-rated universities. Don't limit your search just to the RG, though; there are a lot of other great universities, some of which are even 'better' than their RG counterparts in some subjects!

So let's say hypotheticaly, I get A*A and Distinction* and I wanted to go to a good uni like oxbrigde, would I be able to do a physics degree there as physics entry requirements are higher than engineering. Btw i know your not going to know exactly but what is your opinion.
You can get into Russell Group universities depending on their entry requirements for your chosen course. Try looking outside of RG as there are many other excellent universities.
From the Oxford University website:

02e6ede7c11b49858a3c88015fba5dd5[1].png

Spoiler

Attachment not found

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest