The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
B00kwOrm
lol, ok, I am German and I've also lived in France and Britain. One of my friends is half-Spanish :smile:

I hope you enjoyed your visit here in Britain :biggrin:
Reply 41
NDGAARONDI
I hope you enjoyed your visit here in Britain :biggrin:

Visit? lol, I was at boarding school in North Somerset for two years, I've done my A-levels :smile:

But yes, I had a great time, I'd do it again anytime :smile: I'll try and visit Britain as much as I can!
Reply 42
B00kwOrm
But yes, I had a great time, I'd do it again anytime :smile: I'll try and visit Britain as much as I can!

Cool. You sound like you love it here so much like those crazy Americans you hear about :wink:
Reply 43
NDGAARONDI
Cool. You sound like you love it here so much like those crazy Americans you hear about :wink:

lol!! Oh dear... I will have to keep my enthusiam down a bit then :tongue: But yes, it was a great experience to live in another culture.

Erm, shall we get back to divorces? :tongue:
Reply 44
B00kwOrm
Erm, shall we get back to divorces? :tongue:

Indeed. But this thread has gone awfully quiet. Ah I can think of another situation. Did you hear about the divorce of Emmanuel Petit (sp)? Apparently his ex-wife tried making a claim for part of his future wages. What are your views on that? Anyone else?
Reply 45
NDGAARONDI
Indeed. But this thread has gone awfully quiet. Ah I can think of another situation. Did you hear about the divorce of Emmanuel Petit (sp)? Apparently his ex-wife tried making a claim for part of his future wages. What are your views on that? Anyone else?

No, I haven't... Could you please tell us more about that? Is he French?

Surely an ex-wife (I'm assuming he is already divorced) cannot claim part of her ex-husband's earnings in the future, there are factors that no-one can foresee. Also, why should she have a right to any money he earns after their divorce? That has nothing to do with her, has it? Unless they've got children of course... I don't know that person, what does he do for a living?
Reply 46
B00kwOrm
No, I haven't... Could you please tell us more about that? Is he French?

French but married and divorce occuring in England.

B00kwOrm
Surely an ex-wife (I'm assuming he is already divorced) cannot claim part of her ex-husband's earnings in the future, there are factors that no-one can foresee. Also, why should she have a right to any money he earns after their divorce? That has nothing to do with her, has it? Unless they've got children of course... I don't know that person, what does he do for a living?

I know what you're saying. Apparently she won her case in getting future wages off him but my lecturer at college thinks she's doomed when it is heard upon appeal. I think so too.
Reply 47
I don't think that a partner should get an equal 50:50 split because if one partner works really hard then I don't think there should ever be a situation where his partner should be able to take 50%. If they have children together then the partner with main custody who has to look after them should be paid a specific amount to look after themselves and their children but not 50%. Things like houses that were bought together should be split 50:50 but if one partner put more of the savings in then they should get more of the savings out.
Reply 48
randdom
I don't think that a partner should get an equal 50:50 split because if one partner works really hard then I don't think there should ever be a situation where his partner should be able to take 50%. If they have children together then the partner with main custody who has to look after them should be paid a specific amount to look after themselves and their children but not 50%. Things like houses that were bought together should be split 50:50 but if one partner put more of the savings in then they should get more of the savings out.

Hear Hear.

Evidently with the above case mentioned some feminists applauded the decision. It makes me wonder.....
Reply 49
NDGAARONDI
Hear Hear.

Evidently with the above case mentioned some feminists applauded the decision. It makes me wonder.....

I don't get why this would be a victory for women I think it makes women look like money hungary people.
Reply 50
randdom
I don't get why this would be a victory for women I think it makes women look like money hungary people.

I agree but you get reactions like this.

Same happened with the Bobbit case in the USA.

THen you have reactions like this regarding to colour - i.e OJ Simpson.
Reply 51
I think its blatantly unfair if one person can walk away with a huge amount of money just because their ex partner earned a lot. And the only money that a partner should recieve from the other should be to do with the care of any children they've got.
Reply 52
Spider
I think its blatantly unfair if one person can walk away with a huge amount of money just because their ex partner earned a lot. And the only money that a partner should recieve from the other should be to do with the care of any children they've got.

I agree.
Reply 53
An anyone explain how the money allocation works when the two parents have joint custody? Does the parent who sees more of the child get more money from the other, or something like that? Theres so many variables, and I don't have a clue how they work it out.

Latest

Trending

Trending