The Student Room Group

Law lpc llm

i have an 3000 words dissertation due on the 26th of this month but have not yet started it. i have do all the research just have not had the chance to write it up. how long do you think it will take it write. its on the new law on divorce which came into force last april 2020. im not sure how i should start it.
Reply 1
I would structure your time and break down your workload. What I did for my exams is divide the time I had to complete my work by the number of exams and assignments due in. Do you have any other assignments to hand in or exams which you need to complete? If not, I would suggest the following.

First, you have 14 days (including 12.06 and excluding 26.06) to work with. If you have done the research, then you are in a pretty good spot. I'm not sure how you work and whether you will need more or less time to complete this, but here is an example of what you can do:

- 2 days to plan (structure what you want to write about, decide on the position ).
- 8 days to write (8 days ÷ 3000 words = 375 per day).
- 1 day to check your grammar, structure, arguments, references etc.
- 3 days to do some more reading and potentially strengthen your answer. At this point you should have a good piece of work to hand in so you will worry less.

This is just an example of what you can do. You should tailor this to how you work.

I imagine that your question relates to the no-fault divorce. It will be hard to provide any further insight without knowing what the question itself is. If it is something along the lines of comparing/ assessing the previous and new law, then that is a great question to work with.

I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending