The Student Room Group

Midwifery to Biomedical science

Hi guys!
I have applied for midwifery but received 4 out of 5 rejections with one more interview next week. Worcester uni offered a place on their biomedical science degree but I don't know what to do. The course sounds really interesting but I want to working in a caring environment surrounded by people, and not spending my time in a lab with bacteria. Am I just being narrow minded as I've never even considered this degree? Is anyone in a similar position to me? Is anyone studying biomedical science at Worcester who could share an insight into the course? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Original post by ffion_bliss
received 4 out of 5 rejections

Why are you getting rejected? Four out of five rejections for a healthcare course means that you are doing something very big very wrong, such as performing poorly at interview and/or not fully understanding what it is you are applying for when you are being interviewed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Glassapple
Why are you getting rejected? Four out of five rejections for a healthcare course means that you are doing something very big very wrong, such as performing poorly at interview and/or not fully understanding what it is you are applying for when you are being interviewed.

My feedback from interviews have said that I have interviewed really well, I either failed the numeracy test, or due to the fact I'm only 17, I don't have the vital work experience. Midwifery is such a competitive course and they are looking for mature students who have either worked in a healthcare profession previously or have the maturity a 17 year old doesn't have. I would appreciate it if you could answer my original questions, thanks.
Hi there I also applied for a midwifery degree and have been offered a biomedical science course instead starting this September it's really irritating and slightly devastating about the rejections I had from all the universities that I had applied to for the midwifery degree. I generally do like biology but my dream job is to be a midwife and I hate chemistry and physics ! 💔
(edited 6 years ago)
Take a gap year and get work dxperience

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending