The Student Room Group

"No evidence" Brexit caused pike in hate crime say police

Scroll to see replies

What a surprise, the county that voted leave has a police force denying this.
But was there evidence that anyone was battered?

@thebear
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Well duh. Correlation does not imply causation. Though I don't actually recall any news outlet blaming Brexit for the rise. Almost all have reported on the increase, but I definitely haven't seen any claim that there's a causative link.

now even our freshwater fish are being targeted
Original post by yudothis

Like this whole, totally fabricated, story you're fake news, sunshine. :biggrin:
Original post by astutehirstute
Like this whole, totally fabricated, story you're fake news, sunshine. :biggrin:

Oh very clever.
Original post by the bear

Ha ha ha!

Funny you should say that, apparently alien immigrant crayfish (Yanks) are a real problem in British waters...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/3343686/American-Signal-Crayfish-wrecks-UK-waters.html
Original post by astutehirstute
Ha ha ha!

Funny you should say that, apparently alien immigrant crayfish (Yanks) are a real problem in British waters...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/earthnews/3343686/American-Signal-Crayfish-wrecks-UK-waters.html

they are breaking the claw :teehee:
This is supposed to be a plaice for serious discussion.

Instead we are scraping the benthos with fish jokes,
Original post by Reality Check
But was there evidence that anyone was battered?

I wasn't aware that pike is commonly available in our high street fish and chip shops. There must be a cod fax involved in this somewhere, obviously. It is very fishy, and real news has had its chips.
Original post by Good bloke
I wasn't aware that pike is commonly available in our high street fish and chip shops. There must be a cod fax involved in this somewhere, obviously. It is very fishy, and real news has had its chips.

there is a time and a plaice for these jokes :colondollar:
Original post by yudothis

Ok so it is fake news if it goes against my agenda?
Original post by Mathemagicien
The police are fake news.

What if we set up some kind of fake news outlet where everyone knows we are making fake news, Then would our news be fake fake news? making it real?
there is a time and a plaice for these jokes :colondollar:

People are queueing up to counter the salty contention that the newspapers are all wrapped up in fake news. Pukka news is no longer available.
This must stop - it's supposed to be a serious Brexit debate. I think all this is a bit of a red herring anyway - surely 'Brexit and hate crime' go together like fish and ...um...
The involvement of pike means the story may have teeth; no matter what the writer is angling for others may be caught in the net.

I wonder if the rumour that Captain Mainwaring tried to suppress the involvement of pike is true. He was apparently heard to say "Don't tell him pike!" when he thought the Germans would get hold of the story.
People are queueing up to counter the salty contention that the newspapers are all wrapped up in fake news. Pukka news is no longer available.

Donald should be nominated for an Oscar
Donald should be nominated for an Oscar

Let's hope he takes up dancing then he can win the Foxtrot Oscar.

Please stop with the fish puns, you're giving me a haddock.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending