The Student Room Group

What should take priority Art or academic subjects?

Do you think I should devote most of my time to my art coursework or academic subjects?
I was in this position last year. What I did was have like solid weekends of art, just dedicated to getting it all done. That would leave me more time for the rest of the subjects, once art was out of the way. That method worked for me, but if solid days of art just isn't for you, maybe just try and keep it balanced? Best of luck, it really isn't easy to balance the two!
Academic
Reply 4
Original post by Do it Right
I was in this position last year. What I did was have like solid weekends of art, just dedicated to getting it all done. That would leave me more time for the rest of the subjects, once art was out of the way. That method worked for me, but if solid days of art just isn't for you, maybe just try and keep it balanced? Best of luck, it really isn't easy to balance the two!

I think I'll tke your advice and devote Friday to Sunday to Art. And the rest for my academic subjects. What did you get in the end for Art?
I agree with Do It Right, but are you aiming for a career more academic-focused or art?
Reply 6
Original post by saffarinda
I agree with Do It Right, but are you aiming for a career more academic-focused or art?

Definitely academic picking Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I like art but as a hobby. I kinda hate it now after being forced to dio it at gcse.
Original post by Popsiclez
Definitely academic picking Physics, Chemistry and Maths. I like art but as a hobby. I kinda hate it now after being forced to dio it at gcse.

Make sure you focus on the academic aspects then! A lot of my friends are doing GCSE Art and they loathe the amount of coursework they have, it's really put them off the subject. A fair few of them just do a day of art rather than splitting it up, like you would do with regular academic subjects.
Original post by saffarinda
Make sure you focus on the academic aspects then! A lot of my friends are doing GCSE Art and they loathe the amount of coursework they have, it's really put them off the subject. A fair few of them just do a day of art rather than splitting it up, like you would do with regular academic subjects.

I completley agree, thats the way I went about it last year. When you get into the flow of it, its easy to just grit your teeth and get on with a long session of art, rather than stopping and starting.
Depends what job you want lol.

Quick Reply

Latest