The Student Room Group

Care leavers who are at University

My name is Ashleigh and I am a second year Masters Social Work student. I am conducting some research into care leavers’ experiences of University, in particular what support you feel has been beneficial and any areas where you feel there is room for improvement.
If you are a care leaver who is at University or has recently graduated I would really value your views and opinions on University life and also the support you received in school or college.*I am currently conducting interviews lasting approx. 20 mins, however this would have to adapted to via Skype or other means!

This research is really valuable to inform schools, colleges and Universities to support care leavers who are considering higher education and I would be really grateful of your time.
If you are interested or have any further questions (I'm aware this is quite brief!) then please get in touch :smile:
Ashleigh
Reply 1
hey! I study Medicine at Cambridge

There are a fair few care leavers at Cambridge. It's important to reach out for other care leavers through uni and through relevant societies as soon as you get to uni!

If there isn't a society/facebook group etc for care leavers, then MAKE one! It can really help to come together :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending