The Student Room Group

Question/ contextual offer

I’m applying for uni this year and I have a history of being in the social system and had a social worker for about 7 years. I’ve never been to a care home but stayed with friends and family growing up. Would this get me a contextual offer to university?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
UCAS states "looked after at home under a supervision order, or in kinship care with relatives or friends, either officially (e.g. a special guardianship order) or informally without local authority support"

So i would presume so. But different Unis have different rules so look into specific unis, some just need you to have free school meals + from a low income school etc so deffo look into the unis specifically.
Reply 2
Original post by 3908
UCAS states "looked after at home under a supervision order, or in kinship care with relatives or friends, either officially (e.g. a special guardianship order) or informally without local authority support"

So i would presume so. But different Unis have different rules so look into specific unis, some just need you to have free school meals + from a low income school etc so deffo look into the unis specifically.

Thank you!
Original post by MMarshall11
I’m applying for uni this year and I have a history of being in the social system and had a social worker for about 7 years. I’ve never been to a care home but stayed with friends and family growing up. Would this get me a contextual offer to university?

It probably will, alongside other factors. Just make sure if you tick the "care leaver" box on UCAS that you're 100% sure you meet the criteria. They will ask for proof.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending